Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Ideal Setup (Esp. to get bass frequencies)  (Read 5268 times)

Offline RoganSarine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Ideal Setup (Esp. to get bass frequencies)
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 04:19:01 PM »
ylt, I'm not sure I would draw a conclusion that larger capsules capture deeper bass.  That's true with speakers, but not with mics.  It's a different set of physics.

True, and I should not have made that correlation. But since Rogan is open taping, why not check out some other mics that are known to pick up more low end?

A pair of Nak's would run me like $500, wouldn't they?

2) A lot of clubs have a big row of subwoofers along the front of the stage.  If there is a wall of people squeezed up against that, and your mics are back a ways, I've seen cases where recordings are less bassy than I expected.  I assume it's simply the bodies between you and the subwoofers block that low frequency energy.

A lot of it is rock music played in clubs, and the bass guitar is often lost in the mix. I havn't taken the 9200 for a true genuine spin yet, since I'm waiting for my CA14's. But I will try what you recommend. In actuality, I totally forgot to check the low cut on the m10.

Offline yltfan

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Ideal Setup (Esp. to get bass frequencies)
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 04:29:44 PM »
Although they are popping up less frequently, Nak's can be found for around $150. Plus they usually come with omni and card caps. You do, however, have to feed them these fairly expensive 9v batteries--they are around $10 apiece, but do last a very long time.
Mics: AT4051, AT4053, KM140, AKG C414, Beyerdynamic MEM86 guns, Nak cm300, AT853 4.7mod
Pre: V3, CA-9100
Recorders: Busman DR-680, iRivers, minidisc, jb3, and DAT

Dime torrents: http://www.dimeadozen.org/account-details.php?id=88009

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com