Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Harness for LowePro Nova 200  (Read 5477 times)

Offline sonicparticle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • Antonis Showreel
Harness for LowePro Nova 200
« on: October 17, 2011, 01:41:59 PM »
Hello all

I got a Lowepro Nova 200 bag for my Edirol R-4 Pro but I found it completely inconvenient using it as it is and I am considering purchasing a harness to fit it right in front of me. Would anyone have any idea where to find one? Has anyone done this before?

Also I had to modify the internal separators to leave space for all the connected cables from both sides. But the ones that come with bag are not solid enough and they bend while moving around. Would anyone have any idea how to find a replacement?

Thanks

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Stay healthy and safe!
    • DigiGal Internet Archive Recordings
Re: Harness for LowePro Nova 200
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 11:13:32 AM »
Portabrace makes model specific equipment cases and has plenty of accessories such as harnesses.

http://www.portabrace.com/products/audio/recorders/39-audio-recorder-cases-edirol
Mics: AKG CK91/CK94/CK98/SE300 D-330BT | DPA 4060 4061 4266 | Neumann TLM 103 | Senn ME66/K6/K6RD MKE2 MD421 MD431 | Shure VP88 SM7B SM63L SM58 Anniversary Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Quad w/Neutrik EMC | Gotham GAC-2pair w/AKG MK90/3 connectors | DigiGal AES>S/PDIF cable Preamp: SD MixPre-D Recorders: SD MixPre 6 | Marantz PMD 661 Edit: 2011 27" 3.4GHz Quad i7 iMac High Sierra | 2020 13" MBA Quad i7 Catalina | Wave Editor | xACT | Transmission | FCP X 

Offline sonicparticle

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Antonis Showreel
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 12:02:29 PM »
Sorry, I should have put this in my original posting:

The Portabrace stuff were my first point of reference. But for the time being I think they are overpriced for what they really are (the harness is as expensive as the bag).  Also, I am in the UK and it seems that no one really stocks Portabrace bags and accessories. Lastly, I contacted Portabrace sales for two inquiries and I haven't heard a thing from them for a week now.

So as you might have gathered Portabrace is not at the top of my list. I am looking and mountaineering stuff but I cannot seem able to find something.

Anyone?

Offline hi and lo

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 12:42:37 PM »
It's really hard to put a price on the quality of a Portabrace, Kata, or Petrol bag. They're all great and it really depends on how much you value the protection of your gear and convenience when running in the field. Any high quality audio bag is going to be expensive, but you might be able to find something slightly used for a nice discount in the yard sale.

The Lowepro bags come in at an excellent price point and nice quality, but their feature set is definitely geared towards camera equipment and were not designed for running audio equipment. I would check out Kata or Petrol if you are not interested in Portabrace. I'm not sure you will find a Lowepro bag that meets you needs.

Offline todd e

• Trade Count: (3)
  • ***Team Schoeps***
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 02:07:25 PM »
portabrace is a well known company, based out of vermont.  having lived in VT for a few years, the folks there dont respond at the same speed as the other 49states and abroad.  call them up and try to get a person, you'll be pleasantly surprised.  the products speak for themselves, every major sorting event you will see a portabrace (merely an example..)

Offline sonicparticle

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Antonis Showreel
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 02:22:12 PM »
Hey all, thanks for the replies.

Before I purchased the LowePro, I visited this forum, did my searching and some people commented positively on the LowePro range. Some other responded back mentioning the Katas, Portabraces and Petrols. And the debate went on as usual. I discovered the cons of the Lowepro minutes after using it on set. But for time being it has to make do. A good bag is on my priority list but after I sort out a pair of Li-Ion batteries for my Edirol R-4 Pro and after I get a nice hyper-cardioid for indoors.   ;D

Anyone any tips for a harness?  : 8)

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Stay healthy and safe!
    • DigiGal Internet Archive Recordings
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 02:45:11 PM »
http://www.portabrace.com/products/audio/audio-harnesses-belts/5     Harness is $79 MSRP and their R4 case linked above is $199 MSRP, so no it's not the same price. 

Don't know if it works with your bag though, have you tried lowepro for a harness for your lowepro bag?
Mics: AKG CK91/CK94/CK98/SE300 D-330BT | DPA 4060 4061 4266 | Neumann TLM 103 | Senn ME66/K6/K6RD MKE2 MD421 MD431 | Shure VP88 SM7B SM63L SM58 Anniversary Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Quad w/Neutrik EMC | Gotham GAC-2pair w/AKG MK90/3 connectors | DigiGal AES>S/PDIF cable Preamp: SD MixPre-D Recorders: SD MixPre 6 | Marantz PMD 661 Edit: 2011 27" 3.4GHz Quad i7 iMac High Sierra | 2020 13" MBA Quad i7 Catalina | Wave Editor | xACT | Transmission | FCP X 

Offline sonicparticle

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Antonis Showreel
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 05:59:01 AM »
Well, I actually meant that the Portabrace harness has the same price as my LowePro bag.

Don't know if it works with your bag though, have you tried lowepro for a harness for your lowepro bag?

I don't actually understand what you mean...

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 08:07:12 AM »
Well, I actually meant that the Portabrace harness has the same price as my LowePro bag.

I don't actually understand what you mean...

He She means did you contact Lowepro to see if you could purchase a harness.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 08:19:48 AM by vanark »
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 08:37:33 AM »
Quick google for lowepro harness reveals several options.  Perhaps one will spark an idea to solve your issue.

If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)

Offline sonicparticle

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Antonis Showreel
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 10:15:06 AM »
Bugger! The international Lowepro website version doesn't include the backpack harness.  It isn't on their website And it seems that they don't distribute it in the UK. Anyway, I'll google around. Good pointer Vanark.

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 11:33:37 AM »
UK Amazon has them...  just sayin'...    ;)

Link to LMA Recordings

Offline sonicparticle

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Antonis Showreel
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 03:11:09 PM »
Ordered one already  ;D

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 03:19:59 PM »
But for the time being I think they are overpriced for what they really are (the harness is as expensive as the bag).

Gotta say that since I became a PortaBrace owner not only do I not use the half dozen other gear bags that I have (Sonicase, LowePro's, etc) but I don't even consider taking my gear out of my PB stuff.   

Remember that B-Stock becomes available from time to time and you'll see liquidations of PB stuff on ebay somewhat frequently.   Full retail isn't always necessarily the only price option.

Sorry for the fluff but I thought someone needed to say it.   

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 12:17:49 AM »
I was a PB user for YEARS since I purchased my old 722 back in 2006, and NEVER took my 722 out of the AR7! BUT, since slimming my rig down and going mk41>kcy>lemosax>m10, I have moved to a LowePro Nova 2 and LOVE IT. I will get to try it out tomorrow night for the 1st time. It fits my setup PERFECTLY, and has just enuf pockets :)

For the $$, LowePro cant be beat, at least IMO. However, if youre running a big pro recorder, I would DEF go the PB route yet again :)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com