Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sanyo Xacti ICR-XPS01  (Read 6122 times)

Offline Lonman

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Aiko NY
Re: Sanyo Xacti ICR-XPS01
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 04:06:25 PM »
Ah, probably not since using those 2 items precludes posting!!!! You know what I mean :) But I will post my findings and how I feel how the pulls are.
On a side note Hypnocracy could you pm me regarding your using the cp4's. I have read they are really for video/audio and in practice are not any better for long range than any other cp. Just wondering....of subject here so I will end.

Offline Hypnocracy

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Hypnocratic Missionary
    • Hypno on teh LMA
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 11:33:30 AM »
Well...I'm really considering what to do with my Sanyo...Three of us got shot down for open taping last night...I volunteered to do the human Microphone stand and went to the equipment bag...pulled the AT853's>CA9100>Sanyo Xacti....

What I got sounds good (I think I may have hit the 4.7k mod and took it out the loudest vocal segments are not peaking but sounds ragged)...29:36 into the set it shut down....just went dark....so I missed 20min or more of the set....

This is the second time that has happened...and this time I KNOW it was on hold....I fired it back up for the last 25 minutes...it ran fine...listened to the show on the Analog out this morning...it is not a battery issue...I will not put up with that...I worked very hard and had I pulled the iRiver instead it would have ran with out issue.

It is so sad...form is great...sound is great...

Thinking that this may be packed up and put on Ebay by the afternoon....Tascam DR-2D here I come...

This must be heaven -- 'cause here's where the rainbow ends
If this ain't the real thing, then it's close enough to pretend

Online jbell

• TDS
  • Trade Count: (149)
  • Spreadicated
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 11:47:27 AM »
Hypno you should have grabbed one of the Black Friday Roland R-05 for $89.10!!!!  24bit, smaller than a M10, and has a good build quality.  I'm really liking mine, but for the money the DR2D is a nice deal.  They are selling for $110 on ebay new with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TASCAM-DR-2d-DR2d-Portable-Stereo-Digital-Recorder-New-Free-Case-Ear-Buds-/370576770354?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564818c532
Mics: DPA ST4011ER & 4018ER | Neumann kk 184 (matched)> Nbob/PFA
Preamps: DPA MMA 6000 | Audioroot Femto
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-10 II | Sony PCM A10

-20        -12         -6        TDS   (32/48)     
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][}   
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][} 
|Record|  Runtime: 4:19.99  {|||] 75%

Offline TimeBandit

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 01:55:16 PM »
hm curious about the issue. Maybe it has an option of selectable file splits in minutes with stopping recording. maybe factory setting around 30 minutes it stopped and just shut down when its gone idle.

Just a thought. I read somewhere here the Yamaha Pocketraks can do same setting and they are very similar to the Sanyos - even which where only sold in Japan,  i have a W24 you can set filesplits and it restarts recording (not seamless!) or shuts down via setting.
With 24 Bit / 44 kHZ the recorder hits 2 gig after round 2 h 10 min of recording. so it fits most typical set lengths. if i know the band plays very long i manage to hit and run stop and record between 2 songs or during encore break.

besides that i use the yamaha W24 as backup besides the DR07 old model tascam. will test it out how it does with the Ca9100 on line in later. the yamaha has no variable gain on the line-in but no prob i do that on the preamp.

if it does fine it's the machine for 007'ing, Battery runtime like the M10 very long around 20 hours ...

But the Dr-2d deal is very good - grab it.
2015 rig: CA-11 -> CA-9100 -> PCM-M10
2016 rig: Sony PCM-M10 + SP-SPSB-4 microphone plug-in power supply +  SP-CMC8 with Low Sens mod
[backup: CA-9100 - Tascam DR-05 Firmware 2.0 + Yamaha Pocketrak W24]
video 2016: Casio EX-100 HS (same as Olympus Stylus1 - but much smaller - japan import not availiable in EU)

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 12:43:00 AM »
Yeah, NOONE should put yup w/ finicky BS like that :( I have 2 x M10s and 1 x DR2D, and running battery runtimes w/ the "Dual" recording of the DR2D, with 2300mah Energizer NIMH Batts, I get around 4.5>5 hours reliably ;)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline TimeBandit

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 11:44:21 AM »
Yeah, NOONE should put yup w/ finicky BS like that :(

I think it was just a god point the OP posted his experiences which such "crappy" gear so no other will do the mistake. The  freeze issues and only 16 Bit the Sanyo is definitely out for me (and most TS members). Maybe a new firmware is availiable shortle for it, but on the current state when it stops recording and no one knows why it is rather useless...

Will check how my Yamaha handles with the CA9100 also on a uncritical gig, maybe some others are taping too so thats not the pity when the recording is mashed up. And the Yamaha is one of the better of the USB Stick sized recorders imho.

The Battery issue on the DR-2D was only on origin firmware when it was released. Now the machine is a good runner too.
2015 rig: CA-11 -> CA-9100 -> PCM-M10
2016 rig: Sony PCM-M10 + SP-SPSB-4 microphone plug-in power supply +  SP-CMC8 with Low Sens mod
[backup: CA-9100 - Tascam DR-05 Firmware 2.0 + Yamaha Pocketrak W24]
video 2016: Casio EX-100 HS (same as Olympus Stylus1 - but much smaller - japan import not availiable in EU)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com