Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Olympus LS 11  (Read 8745 times)

Offline JFP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Olympus LS 11
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 08:31:17 AM »
Most folks here prefer the Sony M10 as the hand held of choice!!

you must differ, don't know where he is from but actually in the EU the price of the M10 is still out of range. So there are better options - like the ls11 or the roland / edirol r05

@ jfp. if you want to record that loud stuff, don't forget to get a set of nice microphones + battery box + you got more and better optoins of placing them.

i see you ordered Ca14's ok thats the way to go  ;D ;D

where and how would you place the mics ? I have read in hats.. how ?

Offline TimeBandit

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 12:35:44 PM »
hat or earphone like worn or wear on glasses with croakies. OK last point the ca14 might be a bit to big. Ordered a pair of CA11 including croakies for that kind of operations. ;-)
2015 rig: CA-11 -> CA-9100 -> PCM-M10
2016 rig: Sony PCM-M10 + SP-SPSB-4 microphone plug-in power supply +  SP-CMC8 with Low Sens mod
[backup: CA-9100 - Tascam DR-05 Firmware 2.0 + Yamaha Pocketrak W24]
video 2016: Casio EX-100 HS (same as Olympus Stylus1 - but much smaller - japan import not availiable in EU)

Offline dyneq

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 01:27:20 PM »
I went with this recorder and have not regretted it. It is built like a tank and is ergonomically excellent. It feels great in your hand and operating it is dead easy. One thing I have done is disable the 'recording now' light to avoid unnecessary scrutiny.

One thing that has really surprised me: the internal cardioid mics are very good! I do have a preamp and external mics, and when I bought it, I didn't intend to use the internals at all, but have pulled some amazing recordings with them. Here's one example:

http://www.archive.org/details/MountainViewElementary30thAnniversaryConcertBroomfieldCoApril27th.

I can share a classical example if there is interest.

I'm also thinking that I will try the mic in for PA recordings of rock/reggae because rolling off at 60Hz may not be a bad effect in some circumstances.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com