Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: small portable recorder WITHOUT internal microphone  (Read 6008 times)

Offline rodeen

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
Re: small portable recorder WITHOUT internal microphone
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 03:33:46 PM »
MT2496?  They're terrible.  You should all send yours to me!   >:D

Actually I bought mine when they first came out and still use it on a regular basis.  Much cheaper and easier to lug around than my other bitbucket, the Tascam HD-P2.
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"
[LMA]: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22odeen%22&sort=-date

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 05:17:01 PM »
MT2496?  They're terrible.  You should all send yours to me!   >:D

Actually I bought mine when they first came out and still use it on a regular basis.  Much cheaper and easier to lug around than my other bitbucket, the Tascam HD-P2.
They can be had very cheaply on on eBay, or in the yardsale where at least you will have some security as to it's condition. Earlier this year my MT (which I bought at the same time, same place as Rodeen), died. I was up to file 4 hundred something, so it saw a lot of use. I suddenly realized I was without a small bit bucket and it was a bad bad feeling so I bought 2 on the Yardsale and 1 (NIB!!) on eBay. I also bought an MT2, but that was really a huge disappointment, not nearly as good a deck IMHO. Now I feel set for sometime to come. And I have 3 other decks that work as bit buckets (Marantz PMD661, Tascam DR100MKII and Tascam HDP2), so it was not that I didn't have one, but I like the MT especially at current market prices. Also they are really inexpensive compared to the other decks. >:D ;D
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline John Willett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 01:37:05 PM »
Thanks for this, I had not realised that the PMD-661 also had digital in (S-PDIF on a phono connector).
Note that this recorder is a serious battery hog. Runs on 4 AA's, sucks them down in one set. I recommended it to a friend and felt obliged to help him with external power, also sucked down a small external battery pack in less than a set.

The manual says 5-hours - OK(ish) but still pretty short compared to the 50-hours of the New Olympus.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com