Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Which recorder should I get?  (Read 4688 times)

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Which recorder should I get?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 05:39:00 PM »
^^  On the R-05, the lock is a sliding switch that's incorporated into the power button.  Very convenient, and if you try to power the unit off while it's recording, accidentally or otherwise, it won't immediately do so and you'll get a message that you're recording.  As far as the LED, I think there may be a way to disable it on the R-05.

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
Re: Which recorder should I get?
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 05:44:59 PM »
As acidjack pointed out, the M10's locking button doesn't lock the level adjustment knob, whereas the lock button on the R-05 disables all the buttons.  A dealbreaker for me but not for others depending on your needs.  My 2 cents, YMMV, etc.

Mhm. As a counterpoint, I did not like having to unlock my old R-09 to make level adjustments, mostly because it meant the red LED would flash and because it was simply a lock button rather than a sliding switch, you'd sometimes have to physically look at the unit to see if it was unlocked and if you had correctly adjusted the levels, thus making that red LED visible.
The R-05 does have a sliding lock button and it is easy to maneuver. The record light can be disabled in the menus. I have some decks that you can move the record level button while locked and I like that, but for low pro, I like it to lock. Again, it is all personal preference. Unfortunately we don't usually gain an opinion until we are in the field. In terms of quality in all areas, I think the R-05 is the most underrated deck out there.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com