Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mix-Pre 3/6 USB Batteries (what works and what doesn't)  (Read 52406 times)

Offline morst

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • (see snopes.com for more info)
Re: Mix-Pre 3/6 USB Batteries (what works and what doesn't)
« Reply #225 on: January 20, 2020, 07:40:59 PM »
LIVIN ON THE EDGE!
Living on the edge is powering with USB and not even bothering to slap the silly 4xAA sled on there.
hey now!

Offline jbell

• TDS
  • Trade Count: (144)
  • Spreadicated
« Reply #226 on: January 21, 2020, 05:03:52 PM »
I bought one of these! 

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1382309-REG/hawk_woods_sd_2_mixpwr_sound_devices_mix_pre.html

I had the SD version that is hot swapable.  I prefer the L mount batteries, but didn't like that the mount off the side.  The Hawks-wood is much better for mounting, but not hot swapable.  I have some really high mah L series batteries and just switch them at set break to be safe.  I also bought the Hawks-wood battery sled used and got a killer deal. 

semi-off topic, but now that i started using L-series batts on my zoom, i wouldnt hesitate to use them on the mixpre instead of the 8-AA sled. (i really dont consider the 4-AA sled all that useful except for as a backup power source

considering 8-AAs are around 5000 mA at 5V, almost any decent pair of L-series batts in the 2600-3000 mAh range should match or beat them on run time, and they are hot swappable unlike the AAs. and they make some big honkin ones as well, upwards of 10000 mAh, which could easily replace a usb-c battery without the cable fears

we'll be testing a bunch over here: https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=193221

ill circle back with recs, but i no longer have a mixpre. if anybody has an L-series mount i can pass a pair of known-good batts along to try, in a bit.
Microtech Gefell m20's> Nbob KCY> Naiant PFA(60v) or AKG ck61's & ck63's> Naiant Actives> Sound Devices Mixpre-6 @24/48

-22        -12         -6        TDS     
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][}   
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][} 
|Record|  Runtime: 4:19.99  {|||] 75%

Offline jerryfreak

• Trade Count: (30)
  • high desert for life
« Reply #227 on: January 21, 2020, 05:12:55 PM »
hey J bell if you wanna test some L-series batts i can send some along that we have metrics for, on the zoom
my facemask is a windscreen

People whose posts I wont see:
capnhook, daspyknows, Melanie, morst, Rob D., Scooter123, Sloan Simpson, Walstib62

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2020 Taperssection.com