Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sound Professionals SP-SPSB-1 with gain controls?  (Read 429 times)

Offline ol' dirty taper

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I've been riding with the ghost...
    • Ancient Earth
Sound Professionals SP-SPSB-1 with gain controls?
« on: May 15, 2020, 10:12:33 PM »
I just picked up this 9v battery supply in a minidisc collection. What has me slightly confused is this unit has two gain slider controls and is in an otterbox case.

Did the first versions of these come in a box like this? Were the slide controls added later for this as a custom job?

I bought this lot of old equipment figuring I could use this SP 9v supply as an alternative to the really simple Church Audio one I've used for a decade +

Just curious if anyone else has seen a model quite like this.

Mic : Beyerdynamic MC930 SS / Naiant X-X Omni Pair / Beyerdynamic TG L34C Pair / AT831s Pair (CA - HI SPL mod)
Dec : Sony PCM-A10
Play : Beyerdynamic DT990

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Sound Professionals SP-SPSB-1 with gain controls?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 03:50:56 AM »
Looks like a limited production unit.  I remember seeing these.
Very nice construction inside.
Good capacitors.
Switch for roll off.
The sliders all you to attenuate a bit more, if you were using a device that clips on input.
Most modern flash recorders have a wide range of input levels, but this is certainly nice to see.  You can set the levels of the sliders inside to box, tape them down and not worry about it.

Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2020 Taperssection.com