Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Do I need a storage upgrade? Looking for most reliable outboard storage  (Read 862 times)

Offline OldNeumanntapr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
I have two 4TB Lacie Quadra external hard drives. One is a back up for the other. Every three or four years I buy a new one and regulate the older one for the back up. So far it’s been working.

Offline morst

• Archivist: Camper Van Beethoven & Cracker
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Get in touch if you wanna record Cracker or CVB!
    • Soundscape Preservation Society
What would you guys recommend for cloud storage for say at least 2tb?  This is mainly photographs I really don't want to loose

I don't recommend cloud storage for such a large library unless you host it yourself.

Get a couple extra 4 TB drives and keep them with trusted friends and family, or in a safe deposit box. Much cheaper than a cloud subscription I bet, and won't take days and days to load terabytes over your data connection.
Teams: Neumann, Bay Area Tapers, Multitrack, Pioneertown Tapers, Mac Geeks, Cassette Masters, Poster Collectors, Alumni of teams St Louis, Upper Midwest & Milwaukee / Southern Wisco

Offline Chrisedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
I do audio and multi-angle video. As much as I like storing it all in the cloud it's not an option with this amount of data (50+ GB per show)

I have almost 8TB on Backblaze. It took 7 months to upload, but I, like you have lots of video and audio content.
Audio: Sound Professionals SP-CMC-10 (AT933s) or CA-14 (Omni & Cards) >
SP Battery Box or CA9200 >
Sony M10 & Tascam DR-2d
Video: Sony HX9V

Offline robeti

• Trade Count: (31)
  • Taperssection Member
I do audio and multi-angle video. As much as I like storing it all in the cloud it's not an option with this amount of data (50+ GB per show)

I have almost 8TB on Backblaze. It took 7 months to upload, but I, like you have lots of video and audio content.

That's $5 a month?
Interesting...!

mics: nakamichi cm-50 | nakamichi cm-300 (JB mod / cp1 / cp2 / cp3) | primo em4052pmi4 | sp-cmc-4u / at-u853a 4.7k mod (h / c / sc)
power: ca-ubb | ca-9200
recorder: roland r-05
video: panasonic hdc-sd600 | panasonic hdc-700 | sony hx9v | sony hx50v

Offline Chrisedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member

That's $5 a month?
Interesting...!

I did the $50 a year deal. You get a free month (so do I) if you use my referral link. https://secure.backblaze.com/r/01scop If this is not allowed, please delete or PM me, and I will remove.
Audio: Sound Professionals SP-CMC-10 (AT933s) or CA-14 (Omni & Cards) >
SP Battery Box or CA9200 >
Sony M10 & Tascam DR-2d
Video: Sony HX9V

Offline tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
RAID array and also 2 external HDD that I keep off-site.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.159 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2018 Taperssection.com