Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DAT recorder suddenly acting up - Panasonic SV-3800  (Read 12201 times)

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: DAT recorder suddenly acting up - Panasonic SV-3800
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 03:29:21 PM »
I could see hidden audio possible but don't know for sure

You can record audio on any magnetic part of the tape so you back in the day you would see an issue where you got antsy and would have false starts and have to rw and re-record - in some cases you would get wonky A-TIME due to this - where the A-TIME would be off the leader of the tape (the first minute or so of "silence" most of us would try record prior to recording a set)

I could see offset audio maybe being recorded if the original record deck was way out of alignment - this would prevent most decks from finding the audio and may require a few FF/RW attempts for other decks to find it. 

I have a tape that was recorded way out of alignment and the 7040 (R700 couldn't find any audio only errors) can find every other frame - I haven't tried the RW/FF to see if it can find the missing ones though.
Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline MattsG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2019, 03:42:52 PM »
Hi! Im looking for the SGI firmware 12.2 for my SONY SDT 9000 but i cannot find it anywhere, can somebody pls help me..

Best regards
Matts

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2019, 10:27:41 PM »
I have it pm me your email and I'll send it your way - it's only 435kb - it's now attached to this thread

You will prob need sony tape tools to install it - been a while since I have done this.. - This is about 6MB so can't attach - let me know if you want me to email.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 10:32:29 PM by H₂O »
Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2019, 11:01:44 PM »
I just picked up a SV-3700 off of eBay, in very good running shape.  Doing transfers with it for a friend's collection.  Any concerns besides eating tapes?  It seems they'll all have that issue in time.  I was gonna get a Tascam, but this Panny was priced well below a functioning Tascam DA-30 mkii.  Any advice would be appreciated.  This is my first DAT recorder.  Note: I'm only use the play/rewind functions, going AES out the back to a Sound Devices 633.     

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com