Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Nevermind: Tickets to Jem at Crocodile Cafe (Seattle)  (Read 4363 times)

JasonGreen

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Nevermind: Tickets to Jem at Crocodile Cafe (Seattle)
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2004, 07:25:13 PM »
Alex,

I got popped last nite trying to tape her.  They were checking purses at the door (rare for the Croc).  I got popped in the bathroom stall trying to wire it all up.  They said okay at first...let me finish what I was doing.  When I came out, they told me the her management wasn't down with it and to put it away...which I did. She was amazing.  A very luminous personality and amazing voice....I have to say that she was too low in the mix.   If you torrent the show, DO NOT post it on her website.  Post it here instead!

ANDY

I saw the whole thing go down

Offline nexus6

• Taperssection Regular
  • 'Policemen?'
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2004, 11:16:55 PM »
Yup that was me with the green cap and mustache.  I shoulda got wired up b4 I went in.  I was with a friend so it got me distracted.  It would have been a nice tape. 

ANDY

JasonGreen

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2004, 11:18:13 PM »
Andy-

What were you trying to run?  Didn't you go into a stall?

JasonGreen

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2004, 11:25:50 PM »
nevermind, I just read you went into a stall.  Damn that sucks.  My girlfriend and I watched the whole thing.

Offline nexus6

• Taperssection Regular
  • 'Policemen?'
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2004, 11:41:01 AM »
Alex, that is cool. We would all be stoked if you did.  She was amazing at Seattle b/c she was honestly taken back by the sold out crowd.  I can see where you think she is polished...in fact, the critics say the same exact shit abut her.  BUT, there was this girl next door innocence that really made me see her in another way.  She semed out of place physically but when she sang she was completely captivating.  The tunes were catchy and full of hooks.  I like that techno angle on some of her tracks (it is where she really reminds me of Beth Orton).  I think she is gona be huge like Dido.  Whatever, it is all pretty candy-ass, I know.....I can be a total sucker for that stuff.

Jason, I didn't run...they were completely civil about it.  They said, 'go to your car and put it away and you can come back as long as you lose the gear'.  I think they were looking for people using the stall for other reasons.  I have seen them do that.  That is why they told initially it was okay after seeing I didn't have a hypodermic needle in my hand.  I think afterwards did it dawn on them what I was doing....waited for me to come out and got me.  The security there has ALWAYS been cool with tapers.  Jim who runs the board is a great guy....a bit of a geek but really friendly and allows the patch out of the board when bands are okay with it.

ANDY

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.154 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com