Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DEAL on audiogon  (Read 8319 times)

Offline cheshirecat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: DEAL on audiogon
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2005, 09:46:55 AM »
Naturally there isn't much barbecue in Philly, so I hope this place does well.

I went to school outside philly (villanova) and graduated in 2000... Anyway, I've been back to philly a couple times this year and I'm really impressed with how much cleaner it is now.  I remember taking a wrong turn at 4am coming back from Pat's once and actually being afraid for my life... I don't get the same vibe there anymore.

Oh yeah, the Linc is pretty dope too.
SB2 / Rega P1 > Modified Dynaco PAS2 > Modified Dynaco MK-IV monoblocks> Axiom M22 v2

Offline Frank M

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: DEAL on audiogon
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2005, 10:31:04 AM »
Naturally there isn't much barbecue in Philly, so I hope this place does well.

I went to school outside philly (villanova) and graduated in 2000... Anyway, I've been back to philly a couple times this year and I'm really impressed with how much cleaner it is now.  I remember taking a wrong turn at 4am coming back from Pat's once and actually being afraid for my life... I don't get the same vibe there anymore.

Oh yeah, the Linc is pretty dope too.

I remember coming down to city with my parents as a kid in the early 70's, and it was filthy and smelly.  The town went through hard times, but it's getting better all the time now.

Like Kevin Bacon says in the TV spot, "You're gonna love the arts in Philadelphia."   Unfortunately, we don't have city planners like his father, Ed Bacon, anymore.  I suspect there's far too much bureurcracy involved to attract people with visionary talents these days... not to mention the absence of a budget.    Ed was responsible for the Market East station and the Penn Center office complexes, for example.  A fascinating gentleman.  In deference to the law, he even skateboarded (with help) in Love Park at the age of 92. 

ADK A51TL ---> blah blah blah ---> Von Schweikert VR-4 ---> my ears

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com