Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Creative Nomad (not the JB3 but JB1) - Can I use?  (Read 5908 times)

Offline mattb

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Yo.
    • Matt's Page
Re: Creative Nomad (not the JB3 but JB1) - Can I use?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2005, 05:34:36 PM »
For power, look into the SIMA adapter that's been discussed around here (search for it). I'm not sure if the input voltage is the same as the JB3 (5v) but with this thing you can use one adapter for both external batteries and AC power. I picked on up off eBay for $12 and it works well on AC, in the car, and to step down the voltage from a 9.6v RC battery.
Here's another tip: if you have a 9.6v drill and you don't want to buy a RC battery, you could build a harness (I used the cap that came with a battery for mine - in fact you can have mine now if you want it, PM me) to use that for power. Kind of bulky, but if you have one already then the price may be right.
Good luck!
AT933s (C/H/O) > AT8531s > UA-5 > H120 (Rockboxed)

Offline Brian G

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Yeah I'm an AKG slut....
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2005, 04:59:28 PM »
I have the Liquid Audia Mics with the battery box.  The power is for the mics, no preamp is built into the battery box.  I just bought a preamp and use it with the battery box, WOW what a difference. 
Mics: AKG c480b's, c460b's, c452eb's ( A60's, A51's ,A61's CK61, CK63, CK1, CK3 CK22, CK8), AKG C414 XLII/ST, AKG CK1x, CK3x M46,  Church Audio CA-11 ( Card and Omni)
Cables: Segue Dogstar Cables, Darktrain Silver Cables, Canare Starquad Cables
Pres: Lunatec V3, Naiant BiggerBox, Edirol UA-5, CA-9100 
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre 10II, Mixpre-6, Sony M10, Sony D50 ,Sony PCM-A10, Tascam DR-100mkii,Tascam DR-40, Edirol R-44
Playback: Fiio X5 v2, Fiio A3 v2, AKG 240MKII, AKG Y50BT

Offline rsimms3

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2005, 08:05:03 PM »
I used to use a Nomad Jukebox C.  As already mentioned, it records analog, 15 minute tracks that have to be pieced together to get a whole file, and it is limited to short recording times.  With 2200mAh batteries the longest time I got was 3.5 hours.  The good thing is that it will save your recording when the batteries die.  Bad thing is that externally it needs 12v instead of 5v like the JB3.  I thought about rigging an external battery, but for stealthing it just wouldn't work.  Plus side to the Jukeboxes, the get through security almost every time no questions asked because you just pretend it is a CD player.  Some say the Nomads have a "noisy" AD for analog.  I am no expert, but for casual taping I didn't have any problems with the sound.  Also, as mentioned no onboard gain.  Unless the concert is extremely loud and you are in front of the stacks, the recording is going to be very low and you will have to adjust the volume a substantial amount.
FOR SALE - Check HERE

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.169 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com