Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Poll

which recorder should i buy?

Iriver h-120
18 (40.9%)
JB3
9 (20.5%)
mt 24/96
10 (22.7%)
r-09
7 (15.9%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: which bucket is for me???  (Read 8699 times)

Offline funkoff13

• wishes leisure suits would come back in style.
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • strawberry fields central park november 2008
Re: which bucket is for me???
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2006, 12:07:35 PM »
I would go with the least expensive most reliable and would have to agree that is the JB3.

na, the iRiver smokes the JB3.  faster uploads, better firmware(rockbox), smaller, and doesn't overheat.  brand new for $150 

what about the reliability though?  I thought I read on the recorder board that there were many issues with the iRiver.  If those have become stable with the other features you've addressed that would make sense. 

That is great if the new firmware corrected those issues.  Its always great to see companies improve on these products and listen to the customers suggestions.

Sorry I certainly was not intending to mislead anyone.  One thing I am finding out about this board though is that everyone is kept in check ;D  If our government only had the TS system of checks and balances ::)

Offline Javier Cinakowski

• !! Downhill From Here !!
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2006, 12:15:32 PM »
I would go with the least expensive most reliable and would have to agree that is the JB3.

na, the iRiver smokes the JB3.  faster uploads, better firmware(rockbox), smaller, and doesn't overheat.  brand new for $150 

what about the reliability though?  I thought I read on the recorder board that there were many issues with the iRiver.  If those have become stable with the other features you've addressed that would make sense. 

That is great if the new firmware corrected those issues.  Its always great to see companies improve on these products and listen to the customers suggestions.

Sorry I certainly was not intending to mislead anyone.  One thing I am finding out about this board though is that everyone is kept in check ;D  If our government only had the TS system of checks and balances ::)

yep, sometimes the checks are good, but other times were are all guilty of sounding like know-it-all assholes!!!

anyway, the iRiver no longer has the problems that were originally mentioned.  the new rockbox firmware is fantastic.

T+ funkoff
Neumann KM185mp OR DPA ST2015-> Grace Design Lunatec V2-> Tascam DR-100mkIII

Offline halleyscomet8

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2006, 12:40:08 PM »
does the iriver come with the remote, new in box, or is this another purchase? i think i am going with the iriver anyway. it just sounds like a better unit all the way around for what i need.
my shows on the archive: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/halleyscomet8
And, yes, I know I suck about getting stuff circulated.  ;)

Offline bgalizio

• Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/spyboychoir
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2006, 12:55:20 PM »
does the iriver come with the remote, new in box, or is this another purchase? i think i am going with the iriver anyway. it just sounds like a better unit all the way around for what i need.

Some do, some don't. Check the whole listing on eBay to make sure you're bidding on the one you want.

I don't follow the talk about the remote, since I don't have/want the remote, but I recall there being an issue of noise added when the remote is plugged in. Hopefully someone can chime in on that. Again, the unit is rock solid (haven't tested optical in myself) and sounds comparable to a JB3 with analog in. Transfers are fast without needing any software (device shows up as an external drive on my Mac). Small, lightweight, good meters, no overheating issues, etc. etc.

Offline halleyscomet8

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2006, 12:57:57 PM »
i will be going optical in, so i believe the remote noise does not exist. i would only use when going lo-pro 8)

Offline ScottT

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2006, 01:15:56 PM »
Transfers are fast without needing any software (device shows up as an external drive on my Mac). Small, lightweight, good meters, no overheating issues, etc. etc.

More good points!

If you tape at festivals (or outdoors during the summer), pay heed to the warnings of the JB3's tendency to overheat.

When you hook the iRiver up to a computer it is recognized right away as an external drive.  Hook it up to your buddy's (or the band's) laptop after the show and give them a copy!  The JB3 requires special software to be installed on the computer - the drive's contents cannot be accessed through the regular OS browsing function.

Mics: Schoeps mk22, mk41, mk8, ADK TLs
Pres: V2, Busman-mod UA5
Recorders: Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-70d, Tascam DR-07

"Push out the jive. Bring in the love." - C.M. Burns

Offline poppag76

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2006, 03:35:37 PM »
For 250 you can almost buy one jb3 and one h120. 
Berliner CM33->USBPre2->HD-P2(busman modded)

BobW

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2006, 04:35:46 PM »
Da one wid da hole innit Deliza !      ;D

Offline mattb

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Yo.
    • Matt's Page
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2006, 04:57:51 PM »
For 250 you can almost buy one jb3 and one h120. 

Or if you're lucky, two iRivers!
AT933s (C/H/O) > AT8531s > UA-5 > H120 (Rockboxed)

Offline halleyscomet8

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2006, 03:05:39 AM »
don't give me any ideas >:D i can really only afford one. just wanted to push the budget just in case. am thinking about an h-140 too.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com