Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: nak mic clips  (Read 1540 times)

Offline spcyrfc

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Live from River City
    • BordersCrossing.net
nak mic clips
« on: August 08, 2006, 11:43:01 PM »
i just got a pair in the mail, and im having trouble getting the screwable inside part out.
ive tried quarters and am currently going at it with a screwdriver, i dont want to strip it obviously.
any help is appreciated.
luke
mkh8040>aerco mp-2>pcmd-50
PFS: AKG 414xls

Record Local

www.borderscrossing.net

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: nak mic clips
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 06:30:54 AM »
They should screw out easily. Sounds like someone used Loctite© to keep them in. That's what I did to mine after having to retrieve one of the threaded inserts from the club I had taped in the previous night. Try using some internal snap-ring pliers. Your mechanic or a machine shop will have them or try a Loew's/Home Depot or Sears tool section. If you don't plan on using thread locker once you get them out, just take the clips into one of the above stores and use a pair off the shelf. If anyone asks what your doing, just tell them you're making sure the tool will work for your intended purpose. Once the inserts removed, you don't need to purchase the pliers.

Not sure what size the threads are in the clip itself but the insert's internal thread should be 5/8x27 which fits most mic stands. Why do you want the insert removed?

Offline spcyrfc

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Live from River City
    • BordersCrossing.net
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 12:04:30 PM »
i want to pull it out to link the 2 clips together with the thread for the low pro frarnken nak set up.
still working at it.
ill see if loktite was used and seek out some of those pliers.
thanks
mkh8040>aerco mp-2>pcmd-50
PFS: AKG 414xls

Record Local

www.borderscrossing.net

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 12:10:03 PM »
it should come out easily with a screwdriver or a quarter, hell mine come out just by me turning it with the inside of my finger.  You're not going to strip anything, so give it a good tug.
Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com