Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: best recording device that is compatibale with Mac's...  (Read 4407 times)

Offline bgalizio

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/spyboychoir
Re: best recording device that is compatibale with Mac's...
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2006, 10:22:35 AM »
how big is this room.  how good is the sound.  I don't want to sound condesending but you maybe very dissapointed with the results of a dsbd recording.  I would look into a butget aud rig.  you can always do a couple matrixes if you want.  I run sound in a small room and quite often don't have the whole band miced.  this would make a poor dsbd tape for sure!

food for thought

True, but starting with a recorder for patching (SBD and through other rigs) is a great way to see if you like this hobby. You'll get some good recordings and get a feel for how the whole taping scene works. Then, if for whatever reason you don't like it, you still have an mp3 player.

FWIW: I went from MD for SBD patching to a UA-5 and JB3. Then I added the Studio Project C4's for my first full AUD rig. Doing things little by little was easier on the grad student wallet, I got some great recordings, and a feel for what to do and what I like/dislike about taping.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 10:24:27 AM by bgalizio »

Offline philbombs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2006, 11:05:36 PM »
any of these devices mentioned also have XLR inputs...it just dawned on me that sometimes the whole band i would like to record is not  fully mic'd...then i'd combo the SDB and stereo pair together...whatcha's think?

Offline bgalizio

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/spyboychoir
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 07:34:24 AM »
any of these devices mentioned also have XLR inputs...it just dawned on me that sometimes the whole band i would like to record is not  fully mic'd...then i'd combo the SDB and stereo pair together...whatcha's think?

For combining the SBD and stereo mic pair, you're in the realm of either an "on-the-fly" matrix with something like a UA-5 or you'd be using two different recorders and syncing the recordings in post. Search for matrix for more information.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.18 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com