Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Blumlien and Midside questions.  (Read 5821 times)

Offline pilgrims622

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Blumlien and Midside questions.
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2006, 02:13:13 PM »

very cool.  the tape is going to be at Radio City, hopefully right in the middle of the floor about halfway back (basically dead center).  i'll let ya'll know how it comes out.

thanks for all the tips and advice.

-bw

Who said I was sending my other ak20 ;) I might want to run it now ;D... Thanks Ovu for the information...That really does help out and was what I was looking for +t...I talked C.Fox into running blumlein at Radio City this year for Panic(cause I wasnt there)...He ran from row XX...Think his tape came out pretty good, but it was also a 4 mic mix...I ran blumlein at the Greek this summer from the ots and the tapes sound unreal...better than cards(ak40s), hypers(ak50s), or cards(km84i) from the same spot...Neumann blumlein rocks and Im sure you'll be wanting to order another ak20 after using it NYE
Neumann km140
Sound Devices 722

Offline John Willett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2006, 04:47:03 PM »
alright, but if you put 2 fig 8s in the XY mount, with the front lobes facing outward (ie, one facing directly at us in that pic and the other at 90 degrees from that), wouldn't that be blumlien?

No, I don't think so.

Firstly, the fig-8 is larger in diameter.

Secondly, I don't think the diaphragms will line up correctly (though check it and see) - the diaphragms should ideally be one above the other in vertical alignment.

Offline Stagger

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Yep I'm selling my 722-Wife always wins in the end
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2006, 01:27:53 AM »
with the c422, cant i just leave the capsules at the 90 degree split i use for m/s, and orient the mic so the angle is in the center (rather than the top capsule - so rotated 45 degrees clockwise) and then set the patterns on the s42 box both to fig8, right..?

Yep! That is exactly how I used to do it with my c34. Just set up as if you were going to run XY and switch the S42 to fig8. Carl Beck, who now ownes my old c34, runs Blumline all the time like this with damn fine results. Just make sure you are pretty close as Blumline can get real muddy if you are too far back in the room.
Selling: SD 722
Current Setup: AKG c34 > S42 > Kimber Hero > DR-680

Nikon D7000, SB-700, Nikkor 18-200 f3.5-5.6, Nikkor 50 f1.8D, Sigma 10-20 f3.5, and way too many do-dads to list...

Playback: Denon DVD3910>Audio Experiences Symphonies Tube Pre [Electro-Harmonix/12AX7 Gold Pin ]>Rogue 88 Amplifier [Genalex Gold Lion KT88s, ultralinear]>Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home & Martin Logan Depth i - AudioQuest Jaguar and CV-8 DBS cable, Panamax M7500Pro conditioner.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.032 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com