Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AKG 480 CK61 matched?  (Read 6143 times)

Offline iriewsp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I have to pay for you to get it sounding good?
Re: AKG 480 CK61 matched?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 04:41:44 PM »

My favorite for Rack and Mid toms is the 451e with ck61...   

how does one attach a CK61 to an AKG 451?

One doesn't.  I would think he means CK1.
that's what I thought...but, he has it in his sig. line as well...

You are both correct...  For some reason its habbit to type in ck61....  I do it all the time...  I never even noticed it in my sig line.  Thanks for pointing it out.
Taping Rig
AKG 451e ck1 (mid) AT 4050 (side)>V3>MT 24/96

Multi Track Rig
2 x Focosrite Octopre Platinum with adat expansion>003r>mac g4 power book
with assorted microphones

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: AKG 480 CK61 matched?
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 05:38:32 PM »
i recomend the ck63 caps to the ck61 caps unless you do alot of onstage/stage-lip stuff or you are in the SWEET SPOT every show. hypers rule and are WAY more consistent than the ck61. you have to really pick and choose when to use the cards and especially the ck62 omnis but the ck63 hypers is SOOO verstaile IMO. in a bad room? just PAS(point at stacks) and go with it. 9 times out of 10 your tape is gonna kick-ass, and also the hypers help GREATLY with chatter. theyre just an overall more focused recording with not as much ambience, and the last two years ive used my hypers a million times with great results. cards are hit or miss. i like room ambience as much as the next guy in GOOD sounding rooms, but if a room is average at best or worse, running cards isnt a great idea IMO. and most times ya dont know til ya get home you have an echoey recording when you didnt ahve to second guess yourself and just use hypers and KNOW youre getting a solid recording pretty much no matter what given the PA of course and the soundman as well.

i'm the complete opposite - i use my cards 90% of the time and personally find they have a much fuller sound especially the lowend. the 1st couple times i ran the 63s i didn't like the sound at all and put them away for quite a few months. although i've been liking the hypers more with the warmer sound of the psp-2 and also have been kinda lazy lately and left them on  ;D

as always to each his/her own  ;D
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com