Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Integrateds vs Pre ~> Power  (Read 4694 times)

Offline Stagger

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Yep I'm selling my 722-Wife always wins in the end
Re: Integrateds vs Pre ~> Power
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 08:47:52 AM »
For me, a large part if my choice to go with separates was flexibility in future upgrades. As I am sure Nick will agree, the AES Symphonies is a killer little pre and favorably competes with pres 2-3 times it's cost. While I like my Rogue and have happily lived with it for 2.5 years, I won't rule out going to SS mono blocks in the future. With an integrated I'd basically be starting from scratch as far as the sound goes. I love the sound of my pre and am in no rush to change it. I guess the best way to think about it in taper terms is if you are looking for Schoeps, do you get CCM4's or MK4>KC5>CMC6? The former is certainly easier to deal with and when you add the cost of caps, actives and bodies, they are probably cheeper but you have the option of swapping out the caps on the CMC6 while still keeping a very basic element of the sound.
Selling: SD 722
Current Setup: AKG c34 > S42 > Kimber Hero > DR-680

Nikon D7000, SB-700, Nikkor 18-200 f3.5-5.6, Nikkor 50 f1.8D, Sigma 10-20 f3.5, and way too many do-dads to list...

Playback: Denon DVD3910>Audio Experiences Symphonies Tube Pre [Electro-Harmonix/12AX7 Gold Pin ]>Rogue 88 Amplifier [Genalex Gold Lion KT88s, ultralinear]>Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home & Martin Logan Depth i - AudioQuest Jaguar and CV-8 DBS cable, Panamax M7500Pro conditioner.

Offline Stagger

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Yep I'm selling my 722-Wife always wins in the end
Re: Integrateds vs Pre ~> Power
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2007, 08:51:18 AM »
For me, a large part if my choice to go with separates was flexibility in future upgrades. As I am sure Nick will agree, the AES Symphonies is a killer little pre and favorably competes with pres 2-3 times it's cost. While I like my Rogue and have happily lived with it for 2.5 years, I won't rule out going to SS mono blocks in the future. With an integrated I'd basically be starting from scratch as far as the sound goes. I love the sound of my pre and am in no rush to change it. I guess the best way to think about it in taper terms is if you are looking for Schoeps, do you get CCM4's or MK4>KC5>CMC6? The former is certainly easier to deal with and when you add the cost of caps, actives and bodies, they are probably cheeper but you have the option of swapping out the caps on the CMC6 while still keeping a very basic element of the sound.
Selling: SD 722
Current Setup: AKG c34 > S42 > Kimber Hero > DR-680

Nikon D7000, SB-700, Nikkor 18-200 f3.5-5.6, Nikkor 50 f1.8D, Sigma 10-20 f3.5, and way too many do-dads to list...

Playback: Denon DVD3910>Audio Experiences Symphonies Tube Pre [Electro-Harmonix/12AX7 Gold Pin ]>Rogue 88 Amplifier [Genalex Gold Lion KT88s, ultralinear]>Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home & Martin Logan Depth i - AudioQuest Jaguar and CV-8 DBS cable, Panamax M7500Pro conditioner.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com