Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How do you contact Chris Church? I mean, post-sale...  (Read 5121 times)

Offline drewropa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
How do you contact Chris Church? I mean, post-sale...
« on: November 19, 2007, 07:00:54 PM »
ok, I don't have enough posts here to pm but I did purchase Chris' cardoids & 9000 preamp...my right mic is not working...newb or not I can figure that out...I need help and cchurch32@cogeco.ca & sales@church-audio.ca have not provided any support...

Offline Liquid Drum

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: How do you contact Chris Church? I mean, post-sale...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 07:10:06 PM »
Email him. He's prob very busy so he might not answer straight away. Its prob my fault, lol with all the PM's I keep sending him.
Mics:
AT933/C

Batt-Boxes, Pre-amps:
CA-9100

Recorders:
Edirol R-09
iRiver H120 (CF Modded)
Sony MZ-RH910 Hi-MD

Video: Canon HV20 E

Offline drewropa

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 07:20:15 PM »
I have emailed him...like I said, I am a newb and I don't want to post something due to my lack of knowledge...but I'm standing in front of my stereo and have +6 on my left channel and -40 on my right channel...just confused...thanks

Offline Liquid Drum

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 07:28:55 PM »
I have emailed him...like I said, I am a newb and I don't want to post something due to my lack of knowledge...but I'm standing in front of my stereo and have +6 on my left channel and -40 on my right channel...just confused...thanks

I'm sure Chris will sort it for you, just have patience. It probably got damaged during shipping.
Mics:
AT933/C

Batt-Boxes, Pre-amps:
CA-9100

Recorders:
Edirol R-09
iRiver H120 (CF Modded)
Sony MZ-RH910 Hi-MD

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 07:04:52 AM »
Click the link below & send him a PM:
http://taperssection.com/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=14500
He often seems to respond faster to PM's than emails. He will respond & fix it eventually. He's good about standing behind his work, but he gets a ton of emails & PM's to respond to every day about new orders and sometimes it takes him a while to get back.
AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

dorrcoq

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 04:02:19 PM »
Did you try unscrewing the capsule to make sure the connection inside is being made?

Offline 3-Fan

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 05:26:45 PM »
Make sure it isn't the cable from the pre to your recorder.  I thought my pre or mics were bad but it was just the chord.  Try plugging the mics right into the recorder (mic in) and see if you get both channels.  If so that eliminates the mic being bad.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 10:15:29 PM by 3-Fan »
AT853 > Church 9100 3 wire w/ mini XLR and switchable 4.7K mod > Edirol R-09HR

Offline MSTaper

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 09:40:36 PM »
I'm sorry, I knew what you meant, but I almost laughed out loud at work when I saw the line about "the mice being bad!  :yack: ;D
 rWc3523 :headphones:
Church Audio CA-11, Avantone CK-1
Edirol UA-5
Edirol R-09, Fostex FR-2LE

12/13 Patterson Hood - Florence, Ala.

Offline 3-Fan

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 10:18:10 PM »
that's what happens when you type in the dark, I fixed it for ya rW..... ;D

Back on subject, plug headphones into your out of your pre and see if you get both channels from your mics?  Just another way to eliminate the pre or the mics.
AT853 > Church 9100 3 wire w/ mini XLR and switchable 4.7K mod > Edirol R-09HR

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 10:59:42 PM »
ok, I don't have enough posts here to pm but I did purchase Chris' cardoids & 9000 preamp...my right mic is not working...newb or not I can figure that out...I need help and cchurch32@cogeco.ca & sales@church-audio.ca have not provided any support...

I have actually sent you three emails... maybe check your spam folder? I wanted you to send me your phone number so I could call you.. I think it might be a contact tab on the back of one of the mics.. Thats the only thing it could be make sure the capsules are screwed on well and that the metal * brass * tabs inside the mic capsule are bent up and making good contact with the center pin on the capsule.. Screw them back togeather and you should be fine..

Chris

I am sorry there has been an issue with comunication. I am pretty good with getting back to people especially when they have a problem with my gear. I hope this works out ok if not send them back and I will fix or replace them for you for free.

for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline 69mako

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 12:05:42 AM »
Chris is a great guy.  I had an issue with one of my mics.  I sent them back to him and he wasn't able to find anything wrong with them.  You know what he did.  He made a new set of mics and shipped them to me.  The new ones work great!!!  He has a costumer for life and I recommend him to everyone I know that is thinking about getting into taping.  You can't find post-sale support like that!!!

Mako
http://db.etree.org/69mako

007: Church Audio CA-14c -> Church Audio St-9100 preamp -> R-09HR

Open: Busman BSC1 mics (X2) -> Hydra Cables (X2) -> Tmod R4

Offline Liquid Drum

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 10:09:22 AM »
Chris is a great guy.  I had an issue with one of my mics.  I sent them back to him and he wasn't able to find anything wrong with them.  You know what he did.  He made a new set of mics and shipped them to me.  The new ones work great!!!  He has a costumer for life and I recommend him to everyone I know that is thinking about getting into taping.  You can't find post-sale support like that!!!

Mako

+1

Even after all my garbage of PM's, Chris is always happy to help me out. Its appreciated.
Mics:
AT933/C

Batt-Boxes, Pre-amps:
CA-9100

Recorders:
Edirol R-09
iRiver H120 (CF Modded)
Sony MZ-RH910 Hi-MD

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 10:59:44 AM »

Mako

+1

Even after all my garbage of PM's, Chris is always happy to help me out. Its appreciated.

Thanks guys.. Yes you did email me a lot of garbage but I knew I could sell you a lot of product so I put up with it lol.. A JOKE :) I hope you guys find that funny :) My wife just spit out her coffee.. in my ear... wow I smell like a star bucks now.. and I think I need to get this coffee out of my ear.. Anyway..

I am always happy to answer questions and its not only you that learns from that.. I learn things too every time someone asks me a question it makes me think of different things. A lot of my products has been "fine tuned" because of questions. So please dont stop and thanks

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline MSTaper

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 11:17:16 AM »
I can vouch for Chris. I emailed him my telephone number and he called within minutes. We (or he) solved my problem. I'm enjoying my equipment and am hoping to pick up some more after the holidays! Thanks!  rWc3523
Church Audio CA-11, Avantone CK-1
Edirol UA-5
Edirol R-09, Fostex FR-2LE

12/13 Patterson Hood - Florence, Ala.

Offline guitard

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2007, 11:10:35 AM »

Mako
I had an issue with my Coresound mics.  I emailed Len a couple of times, but never got a response.  I sent them to Chris and since the repair was a simple one - he didn't charge me to fix them.  I only payed for the shipping.
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com