Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M-Audio MicroTracker details **PART II**  (Read 86225 times)

Offline krebsy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: M-Audio Flash Tracker details **PART II**
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2005, 02:35:21 PM »
Perhaps this was already mentioned and I missed it amongst the various threads on this device, but m-audio has the recorder on it's site now...

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MicroTrack2496-main.html

"Two wrongs don't make a right. Three rights make a left."

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2005, 04:11:58 PM »
Mentioned many times now. ;)
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline PG

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2005, 04:13:32 PM »
I want one...

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2005, 08:32:42 PM »
I haven't kept up with every page, so hopefully no one has mentioned this:

Core-Sounds is selling these for $369.

http://www.core-sound.com/microtrack_2496.html

I don't really like the way Len runs his business, so I may just spend the extra $30 at Sound Professionals (or ask them to match him).

I still haven't decided if I'm actually going to get one. I really need some better stealth mics first.

MIKE B
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2005, 09:08:16 PM »
Why not get one from Frank at Cascade?  He may be able to match the price.

Offline martay27

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2005, 11:23:22 PM »
Are you guys interested in this product simply for stealthing, or do you think that it could be comparable to larger, slightly higher end products for non-stealth?

Also, going back to the battery issue, as mentioned earlier, it can connect to a Li-ion battery pack via the USB port.  That said, can any of you recommend a decent power source that would serve this purpose along with what kind of cable?  Thanks.

Depechemode1993

« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2005, 09:16:02 AM »
Are you guys interested in this product simply for stealthing, or do you think that it could be comparable to larger, slightly higher end products for non-stealth?

Also, going back to the battery issue, as mentioned earlier, it can connect to a Li-ion battery pack via the USB port.  That said, can any of you recommend a decent power source that would serve this purpose along with what kind of cable?  Thanks.

Well I am definately getting one for stealthing. this thing looks NICE! plus DAT won't be around forever...  :'(

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2005, 09:29:53 AM »

Both.

http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=13&subcategory=57&product=10110
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2005, 10:04:00 AM »
Ok, silly question...would it be possible to charge AND record at the same time with something like this? Has anyone ever run the JB3 while charging it at the same time?
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2005, 10:12:58 AM »
Ok, silly question...would it be possible to charge AND record at the same time with something like this? Has anyone ever run the JB3 while charging it at the same time?

No idea on your first question, but to answer your second, the JB3 doesn't use its USB to charge - it has a plug-thingy.  And you can plug/unplug the charger during use without the unit even noticing.  It will charge as you use.

I was hoping the MTracker had a separate power in from the USB - the connection seems kinda flimsy to me. 

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2005, 10:51:57 AM »
It'll be a slow charge.  IIRC, USB delivers a maximum of 500ma.  Based on it's size, I'd expect the battery to be in the 1500-2000 mAh range, meaning 3-5 hours for a recharge (assuming nothing else in the USB chain and the Flash Tracker is off).
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2005, 11:50:03 AM »
Hmm. Ok. The reason I ask is, if this thing gets 3 hours with phantom on, that'll be cutting it close for longer shows. If it's possible to charge and record at the same time, then it's not a problem, but if hooking something up via USB will make the unit wonk out, then that's not good. I forgot the JB3 had the separate wall wart, so it's anybody's guess.
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2005, 12:17:42 PM »
Hmm. Ok. The reason I ask is, if this thing gets 3 hours with phantom on, that'll be cutting it close for longer shows. If it's possible to charge and record at the same time, then it's not a problem, but if hooking something up via USB will make the unit wonk out, then that's not good. I forgot the JB3 had the separate wall wart, so it's anybody's guess.

I'd put money on being able to record and have it externally powered at the same time.  Maybe not *charge* - but at least draw power over the USB for operation.

Offline WiFiJeff

• Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2005, 01:13:22 PM »

Thinking about this issue also, and notice that even the very nice MyPowerAll battery is pretty big compared to the MicroTrack.  So maybe I just get TWO of 'em.  Is that an elegant solution?  If they're small enough and nice enough, it is

Jeff.

Offline wboswell

• Don't call what you're wearing an outfit
    • Trey Woodruff on guitar
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2005, 01:31:21 PM »

I'd put money on being able to record and have it externally powered at the same time.  Maybe not *charge* - but at least draw power over the USB for operation.

You can power the unit via usb while it is recording. 

The only issue is that you won't be able to use a beefy connector (ie locking barrel type) for your s/pdif cable.  Not really a big deal at all, but my zoalla silverline was not an option, even with the locking sleeve off.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.088 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com