Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony M10 - Seamless 2GB Split?  (Read 6074 times)

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Sony M10 - Seamless 2GB Split?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2010, 10:17:31 PM »
Well, I would then suggest all M10 owenrs who experience this issue send a technical support issue query to Sony and get them to fix it in the next firmware. I'm sure it's something that should be easily fixed at their end (it never should have happened, however, these things do and can happen). 

Sony's don't have firmware upgrades to my knowledge.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 10:34:25 PM »
I agree, contact Sony support, however I'm not surprised. A truly sample level gapless recording is a feature that I don't think is part of their core user group's demands. The M10 isn't the only recorder I could think of that didn't have gapless playback upon shipping (fostex and m-audio have shipped units that didn't if I remember correctly)

Seamless recording, at the 2GB split, is a standard feature on most digital recorders.  This feature was in high demand when these 24 bit recorders came out 5 years ago.  Think dropped call on an IPhone 4G.  Not good if you're Sony or Apple.    ;) 

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 10:59:59 PM »
I agree, contact Sony support, however I'm not surprised. A truly sample level gapless recording is a feature that I don't think is part of their core user group's demands. The M10 isn't the only recorder I could think of that didn't have gapless playback upon shipping (fostex and m-audio have shipped units that didn't if I remember correctly)

Seamless recording, at the 2GB split, is a standard feature on most digital recorders.  This feature was in high demand when these 24 bit recorders came out 5 years ago.  Think dropped call on an IPhone 4G.  Not good if you're Sony or Apple.    ;)

truely sample level gapless recording? I wouldn't have expected that being a core feature of some casual folks or people using the internal omnis which is what I see being the core audience. Maybe I just have unrealistic expectations.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com