Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtracker firmware 1.4.5 released  (Read 14238 times)

Offline jtessier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Microtracker firmware 1.4.5 released
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 02:27:49 PM »
wow, the new firmware allows me to use my pqi flash card

Cool. I'm not the only one.

J.T.

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 02:53:16 PM »

J.T.

What capacity pqi cards?
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline jtessier

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 03:25:06 PM »

J.T.

What capacity pqi cards?

I just have the one. A 4GB Hi-Speed 100 Card

J.T.

Offline ghibliss

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 03:42:10 PM »
I was wondering if anyone had tested to see the different times associated with the CF vards base don their speed ratings when the card performs the auto file split function.  My 4 GB Kingston Elite Pro 45X speed card loses approximately ten seconds of audio in the interval between a "write to card" and starting a new file.  I am interested in learning how much faster the 150X speed card is between the "write to card" and starting a new file.  Is it safe to assume that it would take about 1/3rd of the time a 45X speed card takes meaning about 3 seconds?

Offline ghibliss

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2006, 03:46:58 PM »
Is anyone using the Transcend 4GB Digital 150X speed CF cards with the Micro-Track 24/96 ?  These cards are on sale now for $74.99 after rebate which is a great price (I think).  If the piece is compatable I will purchase one for recording use as the enhanced speed of the card will allow faster transfer rates to my pc when I retrun from recording a concert. 

Offline jtessier

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2006, 03:52:49 PM »
I was wondering if anyone had tested to see the different times associated with the CF vards base don their speed ratings when the card performs the auto file split function.  My 4 GB Kingston Elite Pro 45X speed card loses approximately ten seconds of audio in the interval between a "write to card" and starting a new file.  I am interested in learning how much faster the 150X speed card is between the "write to card" and starting a new file.  Is it safe to assume that it would take about 1/3rd of the time a 45X speed card takes meaning about 3 seconds?

The shortest gap I've even seen is between 6 and 8 seconds. I think the processor or the buffers configurations won't go any faster no matter what speed the card is (IMO).  This was (I think) on a Sandisk Ultra II card (I can't recall what 'x' this card is but it's plenty fast).

J.T.

Offline ghibliss

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2006, 04:07:30 PM »
I just spoke with M-Audio regarding the read/write speed of CF cards with the MicroTrack 24/96 and they advised me that it is directly related to the card speed.  They also advised that the buffer size in the recorder is not large enough to ever make the auto file split function seemless so that their will always be some data lost in the transition between files.  It would seem to me that at this point in the firmwares development they are not able to provide too much more that one could want that is of any real significance.  I would like the ff/rw control to work better to review the recording on the machine but if i really need to do this I simply perform the function via software on my pc so it is relatively unimportant.

I use the MT as a bit bucket so the mic preamplifier stage and phantom power are not a concern of mine since I use an external a/d converter mic preamplifer with my DPA 4061 microphones.  The sound quality that I am gettng is really quite amazing even when I compare to far more expensive recorders such as a Sound Devices SD 722 used with more expensive microphones.  The MT is in my opinion the best of the stealth recorders available. Having attended shows where small size is a major concern or you simply will not be able to get past security I can say this is not only the right choice but one of the only choices for equipment thatyou might have to record certain concerts with.

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2006, 05:33:46 PM »
Is anyone using the Transcend 4GB Digital 150X speed CF cards with the Micro-Track 24/96 ?  These cards are on sale now for $74.99 after rebate which is a great price (I think).  If the piece is compatable I will purchase one for recording use as the enhanced speed of the card will allow faster transfer rates to my pc when I retrun from recording a concert. 

Prior to the new firmware, the Trancend 4gb 150X did not work. It would run for a while and then shut down. If I get a chance, I'll test it this weekend. I have 2 of the cards, and they work great in my Tascam and in my Canon camera. If I get the chance, I'll report back on it.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline manleyf

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • http://SoulCoustic.com
    • Separate Reality Productions
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2006, 06:28:39 PM »
BTW- my Bootloader update issue was resolved by loading the firmware with the supplied 128mb CF card from M-Audio.

The Bootlaoder firmware would not properly update from my 4gb Kingston CF card.  I think I'll keep the 128mb card with me at all times with the latest firmware on it in case of field emergencies. 

FYI- I also learned that by holding down the menu and power button on boot will force it into emergency recovery mode, and force it to load the firmware from the CF card.

Ready for UM now!
Manley
Earthworks SR30/SRO > V3 > MT/JB3
Church Audio Pro-Cards/Mini-Omnis > ChruchAudio 9100 PreAmp > MT/JB3
http://RecordMeLive.com
http://SoulCoustic.com

Offline Phil

• Taperssection Member
  • Control for smilers can't be bought
    • BitTorrentMusic.com
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2006, 08:24:07 PM »
If you think about it....  These are some goofy ass problems.  Especially the "incorrect German Translation Strings"  ;D "All your bass is belong to us" ;)

- Playback meters would stick at about 80% on MP3 files after restarting MicroTrack. Fixed
- Right channel clip light would sometimes flash when recording a high level signal on the left channel. Fixed
- If a file was recorded and then deleted, the next file name would not be incremented. Fixed
- Corrected some incorrect German translation strings
AKG 481 > V3 > MT2496 or VXpocket 440 > Laptop

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2006, 10:10:03 AM »
I use the MT as a bit bucket so the mic preamplifier stage and phantom power are not a concern of mine since I use an external a/d converter mic preamplifer with my DPA 4061 microphones.  The sound quality that I am gettng is really quite amazing even when I compare to far more expensive recorders such as a Sound Devices SD 722

When running digital in, the recording device has absolutely nothing to do with the sound quality whatsoever. Whether you're running the $300 MT, the $2400 SD 722, or the $10,000 Cantar the results wll be identical.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline jcrab66

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2006, 10:15:38 AM »

J.T.

What capacity pqi cards?

I just have the one. A 4GB Hi-Speed 100 Card

J.T.

ditto
mk4's / mk41's > nbox > Microtracker / HDP2

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2006, 10:26:30 AM »
When running digital in, the recording device has absolutely nothing to do with the sound quality whatsoever. Whether you're running the $300 MT, the $2400 SD 722, or the $10,000 Cantar the results wll be identical.

Exactly.. And, in fact, this blind comp had the r09 A/D, when running behind the v3 analog, preferred over the v3 A/D > microtrack, 8 votes to 3.. My point is that the compact a/d's continue to significantly improve and running digi out from something like a v3 isn't always better..

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=70847.0

And no way does it mean the r09 a/d is better than the v3 a/d. Just that most folks preferred that sound on this source.  FWIW, my comps suggest the r09 a/d is still significantly inferior to the 722 a/d. I wish that weren't the case...

What I'd still REALLY like to see with the mt is the ability to record as two mono tracks, each up to 2GB in size.  That would allow 2 hours of continuous record time at 24/96.  I'd seriously think of getting a mytek if the mt could do 2 hours continuous.

Offline SClassical

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2006, 02:07:17 PM »

The Bootlaoder firmware would not properly update from my 4gb Kingston CF card.  I think I'll keep the 128mb card with me at all times with the latest firmware on it in case of field emergencies. 

Seems as if your 4GB Kingston CF is now not "COMPLETELY" compatible with the new firmware..
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline manleyf

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • http://SoulCoustic.com
    • Separate Reality Productions
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2006, 05:21:03 PM »
Seems as if your 4GB Kingston CF is now not "COMPLETELY" compatible with the new firmware..

You may be right.  I've also noticed that I quite often get the MEDIA FULL message, even though its completely blank and freshly formatted (I'm using the Kingston 4gb Elite Pro with the Lizard on it).  Every time, I hit record again and it works.  This does make me nervous though.

First night out with it this evening to see UM here in STL.  This little MF MT better be solid.  I love it so far, let's see how it works when it really counts....
Earthworks SR30/SRO > V3 > MT/JB3
Church Audio Pro-Cards/Mini-Omnis > ChruchAudio 9100 PreAmp > MT/JB3
http://RecordMeLive.com
http://SoulCoustic.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.127 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com