Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Optical Cable Broke in the JB3?  (Read 5560 times)

Offline bconnolly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Serious Business
    • Serious Business
Re: Optical Cable Broke in the JB3?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2006, 12:31:50 PM »
what about suction?  it seems that this wouldn't be nearly as damaging and could be done relatively easily.

maybe a magent too.

I don't know if sticking a magnet against a device that has a hard drive in it is the best of ideas...

Offline SparkE!

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2006, 12:50:57 PM »
what about suction?  it seems that this wouldn't be nearly as damaging and could be done relatively easily.

maybe a magent too.

With suction, you can get a maximum of 14 pounds per square inch.  With a 1/8th inch diameter connector, that works out to a little over 2 1/2 ounces.  I'd be surprised if that does it for you.  Maybe if you could get behind it with an air hose, but you'd have to worry about static electricity if you do that.  High velocity dry air can really cause high static voltages to accumulate on the surfaces that it blows accross.
How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

Offline sickrick43

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm NOT a fucking llama!
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2006, 05:11:41 PM »

Take it from me (been there, done that) it has to be pried out.  If you split the case and hold the connector against the board while you're doing it, you should minimize the possibility of ripping the connector off the board (been there, done that too).

Rick
4 Track & CD Live Rig: TLM-170's->V3->SD-744T  CDLive->TC Finalzer Express->Tascam CDR-900SL

24 Track Rig: Audix D6/D2/D4/I5/SCX1-C/O->Whilrwind SPC82 ISO Splitters->DigimaxLT's->Alesis HD24 (Lucid GenX192 Master Clock)

Canon 1Ds MarkII - 16-35/2.8L - 24-70/2.8L - 70-200/2.8L IS - 180/f:3.5 Macro - 550EX Flash

"this isnt a dramatic bitchy exit, its just time to go." - Big Ray (queen of the dramatic bitchy exit)

ho

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2006, 05:52:35 PM »
Going to first try the a small pin with super glue and put it the hollow area. I won't pulling hard or trying to rip it out, just going to try to ease it first. Then if I have to really give it pull, open it and hold the connecter. Not sure about the sunction, but I'll keep it in mind. Also what kind screw driver is good for the JB3? Eye glass one?

Offline SparkE!

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2006, 06:16:52 PM »
The screws that hold the case together are philips head screws.  They are under the rubber feet and I think one's in the battery compartment.
How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

ho

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2006, 08:52:25 PM »
Will a regular philips head work or do I need a smaller one?

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2006, 09:02:26 PM »
an eyeglass screw-case is priceless for shit like this
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

ho

Re: Optical Cable Broke in the JB3? ***Help Needed***
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2006, 04:47:53 PM »
Bump for some more help. Tried everything. Anyone wanna take a crack at it? Looking for someone who is pretty positive to 100% positive they help a brother out. I have no problem taking care of that person $$'s wise. Of course, nothing to crazy. I also have a old broken down mini disc that has a optical/line in for maybe a replacement?? I don't??

Thanks all

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com