Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MicroTrack 0kb file problem (have read the FAQ) - please help!  (Read 6990 times)

Offline live2496

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Gidluck Mastering
Re: MicroTrack 0kb file problem (have read the FAQ) - please help!
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 09:53:05 PM »
I did try this, although what is the difference between the intel and motorola 24 bit?  which one should i be choosing?

Okay, wasn't sure if you tried the different offsets or not.  Hmmm...not sure of the difference between Intel and Motorola 24-bit.  Maybe try both with each of the offset options.  If you send me the link, I'll d/l and see if I get anywhere opening with Samplitude SE.

Intel/Motorola is for the processor type and the thing in question is the endian format. (if on Apple choose Motorola unless it is an Intel chip. For windows choose Intel.)

No idea on what type of cpu the MicroTracker uses but likely the endian format is little endian the same format as Intel. Someone sent me a file a good while ago and I didn't have to convert the file to another format. It loaded into samplitude without any conversion required.

AEA R88MKII > SPL Crimson 3 > Tascam DA-3000

Offline ellaguru

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • the wendy hour
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 11:15:39 AM »
im having a strange issue here as well..

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Chris and Melany>chkdsk h:/f
The type of the file system is FAT32.
Volume Serial Number is 0B13-0B10
Windows is verifying files and folders...
The size of the \file0286.wav entry is not valid.
The size of the \file0287.wav entry is not valid.
\file0287.wav is cross-linked on allocation unit 368512.
Insufficient disk space to copy cross-linked portion.
File being truncated.
The size of the \file0288.wav entry is not valid.
\file0288.wav is cross-linked on allocation unit 501760.

...now chkdsk seems to be hung up or something...cf card drive light is still 'on', but its been running for 20 minutes...

fyi: battery pack crapped out during a dino jr show for the mt

chris

Offline ellaguru

• the wendy hour
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 12:09:35 PM »
^^ nevermind..it just took a long time for it to run....now attempting opening in audition....

Offline kfrinkle

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Karl Frinkle Dot Net
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 12:12:30 PM »
I am beginning to wonder if the internal battery on my MT is finally taking a dump after 3 years of use.  Totally shitty.  That was the issue with my messed up wav file from my recording of Hope Sandoval.  I am glad that I recovered it, but still.... I even had an external battery pack attached.  No clue what happened or why.  It may be time to get a new recorder.
-Karl
MBHO KA200n's > Naiant Tinybox (v2.1) > Sony PCM-M10
http://tooldriveproject.net

Offline ellaguru

• the wendy hour
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 12:20:10 PM »
I am beginning to wonder if the internal battery on my MT is finally taking a dump after 3 years of use.  Totally shitty.  That was the issue with my messed up wav file from my recording of Hope Sandoval.  I am glad that I recovered it, but still.... I even had an external battery pack attached.  No clue what happened or why.  It may be time to get a new recorder.

EXACTLY what happened to me...+ i just dropped some $$ for an AKG 414 for home recording so the 'extra cash' for  a new recorder isnt really in the bank yet...   :-\

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 06:24:35 PM »
I think the battery has always been the weakspot for the MT, either version. It is really important that the external battery be a good one. I have had great success with three different types, but all were very good, high mah, and always after a show my battery is fully charged and showing the little "plug" icon instead of the "charging" icon. You mentioned a battery stick, and I think that would be insufficient. 4 AA batteries would be good. If I am thinking of the stiick you are referring to, it only has the strength of 2 AA batteries. One of my packs holds 4 AA, the second is a ZAP battery, and I forget the name of my third, but it is the smallest, and usually after a 2-3 hour show is only down 1 LED.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline kfrinkle

• Karl Frinkle Dot Net
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 09:19:15 PM »
I have been using this gogreen.ie battery stick.   was able to keep the MT going for 12+ hours with that thing, and I think I still should be able to.  It was pretty small too, totally awesome little battery stick.
-Karl

Offline live2496

• Taperssection Member
    • Gidluck Mastering
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 09:41:56 PM »
im having a strange issue here as well..

Another thing you might try after running chkdsk is copy the file and see what you get from that.

Sometimes windows or the console copy might timeout copying a file. In that case you get nothing.  Here are a couple of tricks if the file gets hung when copying.
1) try ftp'ing the file to an ftp server. ftp will copy the portion of the file that is accessible. If it can't access the last part of the file you will have a copy of whatever could be ftp'd. Try importing that into Audition (or samplitude)
2) audiohack can be used to copy the file, or whatever portion that can be read.

Offline ellaguru

• the wendy hour
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2009, 06:18:34 PM »
^^ thanks for all the tips...i got the files to open in audition, but parts we're just white noise/static while other parts were fine.   the oddity of it is that depending on which offset i use, i get different parts of the set intact, while others are static...losing the recording isnt too much of a concern, since we had this gig totally covered, but i want to be ready at the next one....

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2009, 06:40:18 PM »
i got the files to open in audition, but parts we're just white noise/static while other parts were fine.   the oddity of it is that depending on which offset i use, i get different parts of the set intact, while others are static.

You might try copying the good portions from one offest into a new file, then do the same for the other offset(s), and piece it together.  Not sure it's worth it, depends on how many sections are intact for each offset.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

Offline kfrinkle

• Karl Frinkle Dot Net
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2009, 07:43:15 PM »
Definitely keep trying, I refused to give up on my files.  This is a shitty thing to happen, and I am seriously thinking of getting a new recorder.
-Karl

Offline live2496

• Taperssection Member
    • Gidluck Mastering
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2009, 08:20:21 PM »
...i got the files to open in audition, but parts we're just white noise/static while other parts were fine.   the oddity of it is that depending on which offset i use, i get different parts of the set intact, while others are static...

With 24-bit stereo samples each frame contains two channels and 3 bytes (24 bits) in each channel. So if you import the file with 6 different offsets you will cover all of the possibilities. Riff headers are commonly 44 bytes long, so with one start at offset 45, then 46, 47, 48, 49, 50.

Perhaps it would be useful for some to describe how I do this with Samplitude. I line them up on 6 separate tracks and then solo each track until I get figure out which track contains the correct audio left/right for one section. Once that is determined I split all 6 tracks at the same point and then delete the 5 objects I don't need. Repeat the process for the next region of audio. Once you have been through all the audio, line up the good objects on one track and bounce the entire thing to a new file. You might need to do crossfades between objects or cut at the edges a bit more to join the files at zero-crossings. (ie. where the audio changes from positive to negative on the graph.) This will avoid pops or clicks at the edit points.

You might have an additional problem where your audio is crossed up somehow because of the cluster being cross-linked between two files. You just have to listen back and see what you've got. Possibly some data was overwritten, or perhaps some is duplicated because chkdsk couldn't totally recover the file.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.083 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com