Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R09HR  (Read 103779 times)

Offline blacky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Edirol R09HR
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2008, 09:18:09 AM »
My latest info from Roland is that the HR will be available in Ontario around the10 th of April

Offline digifish_music

• Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2008, 07:47:39 PM »
My latest info from Roland is that the HR will be available in Ontario around the10 th of April

Another YouTube vid from MusikMesse

R09-HR & R44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHi5bHGaz-E

digifish
- What's this knob do?

Offline cl516

• Taperssection Newbie
    • cl516 blog
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2008, 11:46:05 PM »
oooh varispeed playback haha,
will it be smooth?

vari speed playback only works 44.1 and 48

Offline powermonkey

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2008, 09:01:31 AM »
R09HR's are going for £259.99 in turnkey on Charing Cross Road, with a free 2gig SD card, in case any UK folks are interested. Selling out quickly, mind.

*Hopefully* getting mine tonight, first outing tomorrow.

Woo!

;D
Church Audio CA-11s, CA-14 Cards, CA-14 Omnis, Peluso CEMC-6

CA 9200 preamp
FEL BMA-1 Preamp

Edirol R09
Edirol R09HR
Sony M10
Edirol R44

My live recordings.... HERE:

https://www.facebook.com/Liverecordings1

and/or

https://soundcloud.com/liverecordings-1

Offline Dede2002

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2008, 01:01:01 PM »
R09HR's are going for £259.99 in turnkey on Charing Cross Road, with a free 2gig SD card, in case any UK folks are interested. Selling out quickly, mind.

Woo!

;D

Good news. Any idea about US launching date?
Mics..........................SP-CMC-8, HLSC-1 and HLSO-MICRO
BB and Preamps........MM Micro bb / MM Custom Elite bb / Church 9100

Recorders...................Tascam DR-100MKIII, Marantz PMD 620 MKII, Edirol R-09

Offline powermonkey

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2008, 02:07:16 PM »

Woo!

;D

No clue, sorry.

Turns out that I'm not getting mine tonight. Maybe tomorrow, not sure though. Pesky banks.

>:D >:D >:D

CA 9200 preamp
FEL BMA-1 Preamp

Edirol R09
Edirol R09HR
Sony M10
Edirol R44

and/or

Offline deviant

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a
    • RyanAdamsArchive
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2008, 04:44:16 PM »

Woo!

;D

I've been looking for the US too. I spoke with Roland US in CA and they didn't seem to have a clue.

Joel

Offline Dede2002

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2008, 05:11:05 PM »

Woo!

;D

I've been looking for the US too. I spoke with Roland US in CA and they didn't seem to have a clue.

Joel

Thanks a lot for the info ;)
Mics..........................SP-CMC-8, HLSC-1 and HLSO-MICRO
BB and Preamps........MM Micro bb / MM Custom Elite bb / Church 9100

Recorders...................Tascam DR-100MKIII, Marantz PMD 620 MKII, Edirol R-09

Offline powermonkey

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2008, 03:04:55 PM »
Just got my HR, literally just stuck in the SDHC card and batteries.

First impressions:

- More substantially built than the R09.
- Way better battery access (on the back rather than the flimsy battery cover on the R09
- In terms of dimensions, a little taller than the R09, little bit narrower, little bit thinner.
- I like the rubberised finish.
- The mics feel more secure than on the old version - I was always a little concerned about how loose the old ones felt.
- Screen is quite a bit bigger
- Haven't had a chance to check all the settings yet but flashing red light on the record button AND flashing red light on the top for the remote. Hang on, you can set it to 'power save' mode and the red lights disappear. Neat!
- The buttons on the back are more substantial than the old version - by which I mean hopefully less chance of changing settings than previously... Low cut on halfway through the show? Been there, done that. It seems that you can change the setting for the Low Cut, btw - 100hz, 200hz, 400hz.
- The input volume range is now 0-80, rather than 0-30.

More info to follow once I've had a beer and a chance to fiddle.

;D

CA 9200 preamp
FEL BMA-1 Preamp

Edirol R09
Edirol R09HR
Sony M10
Edirol R44

and/or

Offline bgalizio

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/spyboychoir
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2008, 03:06:02 PM »
Nice! Do you still have a regular R-09? If so, I'd love to hear an ADC comparison of the two.

Offline powermonkey

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2008, 03:30:46 PM »
Nice! Do you still have a regular R-09? If so, I'd love to hear an ADC comparison of the two.

Might be able to provide one next week. Taping Curtis Eller, open (first time taping open for me). If DaveG73 and I can run 3 rigs between us I'll give it a go. Different pre-amps, mind, I've got a FEL pre and he's got a CA pre. Same mics, though (STC-11s)

Out taping my pals Nebraska playing an acoustic show on sunday, will be rocking the HR for that.

CA 9200 preamp
FEL BMA-1 Preamp

Edirol R09
Edirol R09HR
Sony M10
Edirol R44

and/or

Offline Keyser Soze

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2008, 05:03:14 PM »

First impressions:

- Way better battery access (on the back rather than the flimsy battery cover on the R09
- In terms of dimensions, a little taller than the R09, little bit narrower, little bit thinner.
- The mics feel more secure than on the old version - I was always a little concerned about how loose the old ones felt.
- Haven't had a chance to check all the settings yet but flashing red light on the record button AND flashing red light on the top for the remote. Hang on, you can set it to 'power save' mode and the red lights disappear. Neat!
- The buttons on the back are more substantial than the old version - by which I mean hopefully less chance of changing settings than previously... Low cut on halfway through the show? Been there, done that. It seems that you can change the setting for the Low Cut, btw - 100hz, 200hz, 400hz.

;D

Thanks for the updates, I'll be keeping an eye out for some audio reviews on this little guy in the coming weeks.

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2008, 06:03:29 PM »

First impressions:

;D

I'm curious about self-noise when you put external mics into it.  Noise on the original Edirol R09 is a bit high.

Richard
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline powermonkey

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2008, 06:07:03 PM »

First impressions:

;D

I'm curious about self-noise when you put external mics into it.  Noise on the original Edirol R09 is a bit high.

Richard

Do you mean going mics > R09 without a pre/bb? Only ever done that once, not happy with the result, but that was my first ever attempt at taping, and I had no idea what I was doing. Plus it was a fairly quiet show.

I'm going to try going mics > R09HR at some point, but only for a loud show.

CA 9200 preamp
FEL BMA-1 Preamp

Edirol R09
Edirol R09HR
Sony M10
Edirol R44

and/or

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2008, 06:15:01 PM »

First impressions:

;D

Richard

Do you mean going mics > R09 without a pre/bb? Only ever done that once, not happy with the result, but that was my first ever attempt at taping, and I had no idea what I was doing. Plus it was a fairly quiet show.

I'm going to try going mics > R09HR at some point, but only for a loud show.

With proper wiring (eg., 2.2 or 4.7k source resistor on the FET), I've run a ton of things directly into the R09 and Minidisc.

The issue I'm asking is, what is the self noise of the mic input?  Do I need additional gain?  So, mics > batt box (or not) > R09HR is what I'm looking for.  Record some quiet sounds, preferably, and compare to the same setup into the old R09.

Richard
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com