Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Trouble shooting and repairs  (Read 1299 times)

Offline LEDZEPZOSO

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Trouble shooting and repairs
« on: July 19, 2008, 08:54:14 AM »
 I was wondering if anyone knows a vendor or a member on the board that trouble shoot and repair taping gear. I have been unable to isolate the problem on my own. The trouble I am having is getting digi pops on my recording in one channel. I tested my unit on my own trying to recreate the problem with headphones on and have not found the problem.

I am using Audio Techina At853A > Audio Techinia  AT8533 (Power Module) > Beyer MV100 (I have two) > M1

I have sat for hours checking my connection wiggling and contact points, and can never isolate the problem. I think it is one of the connection between the At8533 and the Beyer's. The problem occurs with both Beyer Preamps so I think it might be the AT8533.

I have used my 831B /Battery Box with no problems.

Any help is appreciated, I am sick of using the at831B.

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Trouble shooting and repairs
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 08:16:03 AM »
A couple of questions that might be either dumb or smart, depending:

(1) How frequent and how regular (predictable in time and level) are the pops?

(2) If record for a stretch of time with nothing at all connected to the input of your MV 100, do the pops still happen?

(3) Can you operate the powering device with no microphones connected? If you do so, and connect its outputs to the inputs of the MV 100 and you record for a stretch of time, do the pops still happen?

(4) (sorry, I don't know your microphones, so ...) Do you have a way of connecting the left microphone to the right input of the powering device and vice versa? If you do that, does the problem move to the other channel or does it stay in the same channel where you hear it now?

--best regards
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com