Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol damage!?! What to do?  (Read 2293 times)

Offline bhakti

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Edirol damage!?! What to do?
« on: August 05, 2008, 02:15:13 AM »
hey guys

i absent-mindedly left my edirol r-09 on the couch the other day and got home and the pet mongoose [yes a mongoose] had knocked it off and i guess it probably fell about half a metre to its temporary doom. anyways, since then the unit has become temperamental. the input level and volume buttons get stuck and just go up or down to max or min level on their own. i was plugged into a board last night for a show and the input level was just dropping mid song without me touching it.

obviously the buttons internally have been shifted from the fall and are getting jammed. i know someone posted pics of the edirol's intestines, and think i could open him up and attempt a bit of surgery, but wanted to hear from some experienced folk first. i presume its just a simpled replacement? i am far [very far] away from a roland agent and think maybe i can handle this? or else i can always post it off?

anyway, any advice is very welcome. thanks guys. hopefully i can get this bad-boy up and running again soon to get back out there to bring home the goods.

looking forward to your responses team TS.

bhakti

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Edirol damage!?! What to do?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 02:44:52 AM »
hey guys

i absent-mindedly left my edirol r-09 on the couch the other day and got home and the pet mongoose [yes a mongoose] had knocked it off and i guess it probably fell about half a metre to its temporary doom. anyways, since then the unit has become temperamental. the input level and volume buttons get stuck and just go up or down to max or min level on their own. i was plugged into a board last night for a show and the input level was just dropping mid song without me touching it.

obviously the buttons internally have been shifted from the fall and are getting jammed. i know someone posted pics of the edirol's intestines, and think i could open him up and attempt a bit of surgery, but wanted to hear from some experienced folk first. i presume its just a simpled replacement? i am far [very far] away from a roland agent and think maybe i can handle this? or else i can always post it off?

anyway, any advice is very welcome. thanks guys. hopefully i can get this bad-boy up and running again soon to get back out there to bring home the goods.

looking forward to your responses team TS.

bhakti

Its very easy to fix all you need to do is gently pry off the silver plastic shell where the switches are on the back use  hair dryer to soften the glue and then take out the batteries and use a small hair dryer to soften up the glue that holds the plastic back on. Then use a small philips screwdriver to take  out the small counter sunk screws. After that gently pry the front off. You will see the switches have plastic buttons these buttons are need to be put back there is only one way they fit. If you need more help let me know. It is a very easy fix all of the plastic buttons on the sides are mounted together in little lattice like plastic parts they are just misaligned and can be easily put back into place. This is super easy to do no need to send it back to edirol.

Chris
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 11:49:37 AM by Church-Audio »
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Scooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 11:43:39 AM »
if you have to go the factory route, i've had good luck w/ Edirol factory repair.
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

Offline bhakti

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 04:04:06 AM »
huge thanks guys.... i appreciate your detailed response chris...
when i get a chance to do this, i'll let you know how successful [or hopefully not, unsucessful] i was...
i'll try and do it myself before sending it off...

now to find a hair-dryer? mmmmm...

stevetoney

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 06:05:51 AM »
After you're done fixing the R-09, eat your mongoose.

Offline bhakti

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 09:20:00 AM »
After you're done fixing the R-09, eat your mongoose.

i've started on her tail, but from my experience it just taste like sand...  :P

stevetoney

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 09:35:22 AM »
I recommend adding more spices!  Close your eyes...tastes like chicken!  Mmmm.   ;D ;D

By the way, isn't a mongoose kinda like a squirrel?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 09:39:26 AM by tonedeaf »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com