Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Computer not reading Microtracker (I)  (Read 1672 times)

Offline svenkid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Take Time to Listen!
Computer not reading Microtracker (I)
« on: August 18, 2008, 03:09:04 PM »
Has this happened to anyone else? I've used my microtracker for about 2-3 years now, using a normal USB to connect it to my MAC, no problems, now all of a sudden, when I plug it in, the little "no name" disc icon does not show up. I have tried a different cards and different USB cables to no avail. Anyone know what's up? If it's my computer, F that. I'm not buying a new computer just to read the microtracker, I'll just use it for 16 bit back up if that's the case.

Thanks.
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
    • my recordings on LMA
Re: Computer not reading Microtracker (I)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 03:30:30 PM »
It's a long shot but hows the battery? try plugging it into the AC.  One of my older macs hated any peripheral that was on battery power.  Never figured out why.
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 03:33:20 PM »
isn't the usb port and the battery port the same port? I'm pretty sure they are.
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
    • my recordings on LMA
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 03:43:01 PM »
ah, my bad I have never used a microtracker just shooting in the dark...
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 03:44:00 PM »
thanks. that IS the case for my use of the JB3, it has to be ac powered

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 03:49:43 PM »
If you have a card reader, then use the same cable and see if the mac sees that. If not you know the problem is the mac (since you have multiple cables obviously I'd try it with more than one cable). If it does see it with the card reader, then it is probably the MT. I think that unlikely because when you hook an MT up to a PC or mac, it is merely a card reader anyway.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 12:34:10 PM »
my jb3 never had to be plugged in to show up on a mac
however my mt1 would need power - if the battery is low the icon wouldn't show up and usually to get it working again i had to plug into the wall for at least a few minutes
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.375 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com