Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: R-09 computer recognition help (pretty please!)  (Read 1666 times)

Offline hollsa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
R-09 computer recognition help (pretty please!)
« on: September 20, 2008, 05:03:23 PM »
Hello,

I searched under R-09 with computer and didn't see anything related.  Seems hard to believe, so I'm going to assume that I somehow missed it -- apologies if there is a similar post elsewhere!

I'm hoping someone can provide some tips.  My computer recognizes the R-09 immediately upon start-up, but it doesn't come up as an external device in the My Computer window.  The manual advises to cancel out of the device installation if a window pops up.  I thought that the latest driver might help, but it seems to be only related to re-initializing the memory card options.  The troubleshooting chapter mentions that the computer won't recognize the unit if the memory card is not inserted (it is).

Anyone found a way to get around this?

Thanks very much!

hollsa --
genuine R-09 newbie
recovering Teac DAT user

Online vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
Re: R-09 computer recognition help (pretty please!)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 09:04:43 PM »
What OS?

It is possible that when you first plugged in the R-09 you had different devices connected and it was assigned a drive letter that is now assigned to another device (external USB drive, perhaps).  If Windows, right mouse click on My Computer, select Manage and then Disk Management.  You may see the R-09 listed without a drive letter.  You can right mouse click and assign it a letter that isn't already assigned.  Maybe that will work?
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 09:23:24 AM »
Just pull the SD card out of the R09, put it in a USB card reader, then connect the card reader to your PC.  You'll be good to go.

Offline hollsa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 03:45:11 PM »
hi all, thanks for pitching in.

yesterday i got it sorted out somehow.  (i'm running on windows xp pro sp2, btw.)  i had no additional usb or firewire devices on.  i located the r-09 in the devices window in the administrative area.  right clicked on it and went thru the motions of having windows reinstall the driver even though i had no clue about if there was one/or where it was.  when it was done, the r-09 device name was gone.  in its place was a generic drive name, and it worked.

i was going to give an external card reader a try but didn't have to.  also, afterwards, the latest firmware version installed like buttah'.

thanks again. 

cheers,
h

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com