Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mic stand>shockmount adaptor  (Read 1147 times)

Offline J.Maye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Formerly Phan2001
Mic stand>shockmount adaptor
« on: November 28, 2008, 12:34:53 PM »
Im pretty sure this has been covered before, but I searched and couldnt find it.

I recently slimmed down my rig and I just have 1 last piece to complete. Currently, Im clamping my shockmount to my stand. (001b bogen, standard mic stand) I want to just screw the shockmount on to the top of the stand and I dont know what size adaptor I need. I got a 3/8>5/8 a while back so I could mount my t-bar, but now I need an additional adaptor for the shockmount. Does anyone know what size I need? I'm trying to get this right the first time.  :)

Thanks
AKG CK91/92/93/94>mk93/h98>se300b>BM2P+ua5>M10
Or
CA ST11 (C,O)>9100>M10
Busman T mod R4

Offline EarlyMorningRain

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Mic stand>shockmount adaptor
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 09:11:26 PM »
on top of most ppl's stands is one of these, bet this is your missing link

Offline RobertNC

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Mic stand>shockmount adaptor
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 09:32:57 PM »
The ability to adjust your mics without rotating anything else using the adapter shown above is so advantageous to an easy set up.

I don't know if your stand sections rotate or not, but even if they do the adapter shown above is still one of the most helpful pieces of equipment you can own for practically no money. 

If your stand sections do not rotate they are pretty much essential equipment IMO because I solo a lot in theatres I cannot block by myself so bungee cording instead of opening a tripod is a key part of taping.  It is the best investment you can make in terms of misc "attachment gear" and you can put any myriad of washers and adapters you need on top to fit your T-Bar or a shockmount or pretty much any other accessory you will ever buy.
SD:  Microtech Gefell M210 > Silver Clad XLRs > SD722
LD:                   ADK A51 TL > Silver Clad XLRs > SD722
Guns:               DPA 4017    > Silver Clad XLRs > SD722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.102 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com