Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mic stand extension  (Read 1598 times)

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Mic stand extension
« on: January 30, 2009, 07:40:12 PM »
Does anyone know where I can purchase this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330283423707

Anyone know is there is a place were I can order one "made to measure"?? I like to have a longer one and also a thinner and lighter one. Hope someone can help.
Thanks!
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I LIKE FISHIN
Re: Mic stand extension
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 08:14:33 PM »
something like this? it is lightweight and extends from 35-92 inches. search for better price.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/bogen-manfrotto-3-section-black-extension-pole-for-light-stands-35-92.html

Offline jkm78

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 08:58:14 PM »
hey scyue,

my name is Justin.  I work at a company called Professional Sound Services in NYC.  We sell, rent, and service all audio equipment for the film industry.  I recently bought the item that nolafishwater is describing to you for myself.  I haven't received it from Bogen as of yet because its on back order, but I would be very happy to supply you with this product.  As matter of fact, I recently made a sale with nolafishwater for some batteries with my company, so he can def. vouch for me about shipment.  I do hope to hear from you soon.

jkm

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 11:04:41 PM »
If the one linked in post 2 is too long or Justin can't help, try X-tend technologies. They can pretty much fabricate anything you want but they are not cheap. Single or multiple section; total length or collapsed length more important, let them know; 5/8 or 3/8 fittings, they can put either on it or one of each. They can make it for you but like I said, they are not cheap.

http://www.x-tendtechnologies.com/

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
    • My cd List
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 12:30:29 AM »
I'd also look into the Matthews extension similar to the Bogen one above. It's only 18" when folded down so you can get it into any airplane luggage unlike the Bogen. If you want a fixed length they make those as well up to 18" I believe.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/33185-REG/Matthews_429499_Telescopic_Baby_Stand_Extension.html

Alternatively, you could contact APIC to make you a custom stand or extension. I have an 8' stand they made for me. They were pretty reasonable and could probably make something for $75-100.
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 11:13:59 AM »
hey scyue,

my name is Justin.  I work at a company called Professional Sound Services in NYC.  We sell, rent, and service all audio equipment for the film industry.  I recently bought the item that nolafishwater is describing to you for myself.  I haven't received it from Bogen as of yet because its on back order, but I would be very happy to supply you with this product.  As matter of fact, I recently made a sale with nolafishwater for some batteries with my company, so he can def. vouch for me about shipment.  I do hope to hear from you soon.

jkm

buy gear/supplies from JKM. I had a great experience with him. He beat all online prices that I saw and his level of service was impressive. How many times to you have a salesperson follow up?

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 12:42:18 PM »
I have a custom extension from APIC.  Runs ~27" - ~78", I forget the exact dimensions.  Love it.  Cost about $80  few years ago.  Well worth the cash, for me -- at the time, all the other extensions I found were either not long enough when extended, or too long when closed.  (The Bogen extension comes closest and is probably what I'd get if I bought today with slightly different closed-length requirements.)

For something shorter, like the original linked item, I prefer a gooseneck like the ~21" Bogen Heavy Duty Flex Arm.  More flexible, literally and figuratively.

The original linked item looks like an On-Stage boom component.  So you might also consider the On Stage Posi-Lok Boom Kit, which comes with 7", 13", and 18" extensions + the posi-lok clutch.  They also make fixed-length options, though I like the flexibility of the different extension lengths, either individually or attached to one another.  And the clutch is helpful for altering placement from the stand base or clamping point.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com