Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Archos Gmini 120  (Read 69831 times)

Offline Riley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Archos Gmini 120
« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2004, 03:42:00 PM »
Ok,

Is the problem just with WAV recording or does the problem show up when you record to MP3 too?  I haven't experimented with this at all, but if the problems are still there in MP3's then Archos definitely still needs to address the issue.  Maybe I'll do a little more testing tonight.

Peace,
Riley

Offline skua

• Taperssection Regular
  • I only see in infrared.
« Reply #271 on: March 10, 2004, 12:08:00 PM »
My email to Tech Support... just expressing concern over the possible loss of a MAJOR feature... I'll let you guys know what response I get.
----------
"I'm a brand new Archos Gmini 120 customer... I bought my unit about 5 days ago.  One of the reasons I purchased this unit was because it has the capability to record to .WAV  in addition to .MP3 .
----------

Here's what I've heard from Archos:

Thank you for taking the time to write us. Your feedback is very important to us. We will forward your feedback to our development team for consideration in future firmware implementation. Thanks again!

Technical Support Team

Then I got this response a day later:

I appreciate you taking your time to let us know how this potential change
would affect you and possibly other end users.  I will make sure that your
point of view is transmitted to the folks making the decisions on future OS
releases for the Gmini 100 series.

Sincerely,
Curtis Broderick
Quality Engineer

I guess we'll all have to just hope for the best.
\m/_skua_\m/

Offline timP

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #272 on: March 10, 2004, 03:44:31 PM »
keep at 'em!!
I want that little thing to work so bad!
So easy to move files around and record with......
?>FR2LE

Offline winiden

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #273 on: March 10, 2004, 04:05:03 PM »
you know, if nothing else I've found this thing totally useful for it's *gasp* intended purpose...loaded it up with 700+ mp3's and several live shows ripped from cd's, plug it into my computer at work via USB, and enjoy them all day long with winamp...plus, a few others on the office network can share the tunes too, once I shared out the drive...also found winamp very useful for making playlists on the unit, rather than doing it with the buttons on the front, totally negating the need for the "ARClibrary" function I never had to begin with.

Offline rustoleum

• Taperssection All-Star
  • AKG 481s->MiaGi IIs->MiniMe->MTII
« Reply #274 on: March 10, 2004, 04:28:35 PM »
The little thing is going to save my ass in Vegas and during festivals, too, when I'll have to move WAVs off my lappy each night at the hotel in preparation for the next round of shows the next night.  Been meaning to get a USB DVD writer for this purpose but the archos has come in handy until then.  Just don't try to play the 24bit WAVs on it, though!

Rusty

Offline mgleason007

• Taperssection Member
  • Mmmmm, yummy
    • My Bootleg List
« Reply #275 on: March 13, 2004, 04:12:54 AM »
The little thing is going to save my ass in Vegas and during festivals, too, when I'll have to move WAVs off my lappy each night at the hotel in preparation for the next round of shows the next night.  Been meaning to get a USB DVD writer for this purpose but the archos has come in handy until then.  Just don't try to play the 24bit WAVs on it, though!

Rusty

Why not just buy an (cheaper) external hard drive?
Mike

Offline rustoleum

• Taperssection All-Star
  • AKG 481s->MiaGi IIs->MiniMe->MTII
« Reply #276 on: March 15, 2004, 11:56:52 AM »
My point was although it hasn't done what I bought it for (spdif-in recording) it still has plenty of uses including a portable WAV player, and a portable hard disk.  Sure I could just buy an external hd, but with this one device, I'll have a shit load of CD quality music to listen to on the flight from Boston to Vegas, a portable hd to off load 24 bit wavs and the thing is about the size of a deck of cards.  

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #277 on: March 16, 2004, 12:43:30 PM »
did they ever fix the problem on non-gapless plyback between tracks. I might have kept mine as a player/hard drive if this feature worked...
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline WizDawg

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #278 on: March 16, 2004, 04:34:00 PM »
I just checked the Archos website.  Firmware update v1.9 has been released today.  

Offline winiden

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #279 on: March 16, 2004, 04:39:08 PM »
I'm thinking of switching to the iRiver iHP-120...after further research, it seems to have more convenient features, like a carrying case & included remote, as well as the digital line-in...anyone who's used both that and the Gmini care to weigh in with an opinion?

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #280 on: March 16, 2004, 05:08:07 PM »
Still no wav or gapless playback fix...

V1.9.0
---------------------------------------
Bug fixed:   All accented characters are now properly displayed on the FM remote control LCD.
Bug fixed:   Only audio files are added to a playlist when adding a complete folder.
Bug fixed:   Prevented the copying of a folder into one of its subfolders.
Bug fixed:   Prevented the attempted playing of unsupported MP2 files (Mpeg1 layer2 audio files).
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline timP

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #281 on: March 16, 2004, 05:38:32 PM »
I use my Iriver all day every day, switching out many shows a week.....
never used my Archos or JB3 in the car, but the IRIVER 120 is much more durable and reliable then my Archos..
I have put my IRIVER thru alot of abuse and use and never had a prob..
as for a line in recorder, not digital, the Arcohs wins, with it's level readings and file size..
Using it for stealth on Weds for the Mad Professor........
?>FR2LE

Offline winiden

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #282 on: March 16, 2004, 05:47:55 PM »
I use my Iriver all day every day, switching out many shows a week.....
never used my Archos or JB3 in the car, but the IRIVER 120 is much more durable and reliable then my Archos..
I have put my IRIVER thru alot of abuse and use and never had a prob..
as for a line in recorder, not digital, the Arcohs wins, with it's level readings and file size..
Using it for stealth on Weds for the Mad Professor........

The iRiver isn't a digital in?  The iHP-120?  I thought I read that it was...I'll have to go back and see.  If it's not, I'm torn...as it still seems more suited to most of the functions I want it for, but I do want to start taping, the whole reason I got the archos to begin with.

Offline winiden

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #283 on: March 16, 2004, 05:55:30 PM »
Ok, just went back to double check.  The iHP-120, found here http://www.iriveramerica.com/products/iHP-120.asp  lists an optical line in as a feature.  Cnet also lists digital optical inputs/ouputs as features.  Are we talking about different models TPoff?  Is there a max file size for recordings on the iRiver?

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #284 on: March 16, 2004, 06:01:17 PM »
Ok, just went back to double check.  The iHP-120, found here http://www.iriveramerica.com/products/iHP-120.asp  lists an optical line in as a feature.  Cnet also lists digital optical inputs/ouputs as features.  Are we talking about different models TPoff?  Is there a max file size for recordings on the iRiver?

The HP120 only let's you record aobut an hour at a time.  Which sucks if your set is longer than 1 hour...  I think its a 700meg limit that is unchangeable by the manufacturer for one rason or another...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com