Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need some powering help - anyone here build batteries?  (Read 1153 times)

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
Need some powering help - anyone here build batteries?
« on: April 04, 2009, 11:26:17 PM »
The short story is that I'm an idiot. And worse, I'm an out of practice idiot. Due to lack of taping over the last year or so, I've managed to kill both of my old Eco-Charge BP-50's by leaving my V2 and ADC-20 plugged into them after a show. I've gone months between shows lately, so they're really, really drained, thanks to the ADC-20 not having an on/off switch.

So basically...I'm looking for a replacement for my Eco-Charges, either a dual-XLR connector 6V one like they used to sell, or a single-connector 6V (which would mean I'd need a new cable built for the V2/ADC-20). Be willing to pay for parts & labor and send you what I have so you can cannibalize it as well. Or if there's a ready-made solution already using newer battery technology, even better...except the ADC-20 has a very uncommon connector, so I somehow doubt it.

Thanks for any pointers in the right direction!
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
Re: Need some powering help - anyone here build batteries?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 02:31:08 PM »
Problem solved...the top pops off the Eco-Charge batteries and can be replaced by any 6V/7.2Ah battery by reconnecting the spade leads. No soldering necessary!

Tutorial here: http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,119878.0.html
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 10:09:07 PM by greenone »
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com