Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Swapping batteries in H320  (Read 2738 times)

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
Swapping batteries in H320
« on: April 29, 2009, 06:51:39 PM »
So I got my two Cameron Sino batteries, popped one in my H320 just now...nothing.  No power.  Plugged in the AC, nothing.  So I took it apart again and plugged in the old battery.  Nothing.  Doesn't power up at all. 

WTF? 
SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

Offline George

Re: Swapping batteries in H320
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 06:59:08 PM »
I think I got it...

got it....i guess i didn't plug it in deep enough.  Also, I could not fit in the top most layer of the blue soft padding..will that be a problem?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 07:12:12 PM by Georgios »

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

Offline knoxmallette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 11:59:23 AM »
Georgios
I replaced the battery in my H320 with a Cameron Sino recently and I was able to use the blue rubber pieces. It took some effort to get it to fit but it did work. The case fit more snug than it did with the original battery- I hope is doesn't compromise the hard drive.
SP-CMC-2 (AT831s) --> SP-SPSB-1 (with levels & bass roll-off) --> iRiver H320 Rockboxed
SP-CMC-2 --> SP-SPSB-1 --> MZ-M100

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
  • wtb: time
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 02:38:18 PM »
yes, the blue rubber should fit, try it... ;)

I guess your iriver is booting again, there used to be a known issue where the RockBox bootloader failed to init some stuff, causing a blank screen. A short boot into the original firmware fixed that. But it looks like you got it all fixed already.
(just mentioning the above in case somebody else encounters this)

peter

Offline George

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 09:49:15 AM »
Hey, all is well, getting around 27hrs battery life on a full charge...its hella sweet compared to the lousy 30mins I was getting before I opened the H320 and found that the battery wires on the original battery were shorting out (i.e breaking apart) which probably was causing the spontaneous shutdown after 30 mins (I would literally go from 3.90V to 3.4 in a matter of a second or two).  Of course, once I took out the original battery, the wiring broke right off the battery...good riddance! 

As for the last blue piece of plastic...the one that sits on top of the battery and the casing...I just couldn't get it to squeeze it no matter how much I tried, so I took it out and closed the case.  It was still a tight fit even without that blue plastic piece.  I hope it doesn't cause any problems for the battery. 

I'm one happy camper now that I have a fully functioning H320 for taping.  I have one more new battery so I think my H140 can use it too so I can use it as a back up recorder/mp3 player and make my H320 my primary recording device. 

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 10:44:22 AM »
As for the last blue piece of plastic...the one that sits on top of the battery and the casing...I just couldn't get it to squeeze it no matter how much I tried, so I took it out and closed the case.  It was still a tight fit even without that blue plastic piece.  I hope it doesn't cause any problems for the battery. 

I'm one happy camper now that I have a fully functioning H320 for taping.  I have one more new battery so I think my H140 can use it too so I can use it as a back up recorder/mp3 player and make my H320 my primary recording device. 

the top blue rubber sits between harddisk and battery iirc. The battery sits on top, right below the case.

Li-ion batteries are age sensitive, so if you have another new battery, put it in now. Next year, it will already have lost 1/4 of its capacity...

Offline George

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 01:06:05 PM »

the top blue rubber sits between harddisk and battery iirc. The battery sits on top, right below the case.

Li-ion batteries are age sensitive, so if you have another new battery, put it in now. Next year, it will already have lost 1/4 of its capacity...

There's another blue rubber piece that sat between the battery and the case.  That's the one that doesn't fit.  The first blue rubber piece was between the board and HDD.  I'll toss in the battery into the H140 this weekend, thanks for the tip!

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 10:52:17 AM »
There's another blue rubber piece that sat between the battery and the case.  That's the one that doesn't fit.  The first blue rubber piece was between the board and HDD.  I'll toss in the battery into the H140 this weekend, thanks for the tip!

the correct order is: mainboard - blue rubber 1 - harddisk - blue rubber 2 - battery - case

I just opened my h308 and checked

Offline George

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 11:23:19 AM »

the correct order is: mainboard - blue rubber 1 - harddisk - blue rubber 2 - battery - case

I just opened my h308 and checked

Maybe this was why I couldn't get it to fit back in, lol.  I better open it again and take another look and see if I can fit it in there.  Having the HDD and battery sitting on top of each other can't be a good thing...

edit: just swapped out the battery in my H140...what a breeze!  This tutorial made it a snap:  http://www.misticriver.net/wiki/index.php/H1xx_Internal_Battery_Replacement
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 12:05:15 PM by Georgios »

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com