Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: flac fronted 24bit  (Read 3017 times)

Offline georgeh

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
flac fronted 24bit
« on: May 28, 2009, 06:21:28 PM »
I am trying to burn dvd-a, using flac fronted 1.7., i was able to do this one time, but not since. I did uninstall and install flac 1.7.
i am using dvd-audio file to burn.
errors on flac fronted: "general errors 1" (and something else after it burned the flac?)
I tried to google that error and didn't come up with anything. Should I reinstall flac fronted, again?
It does say v1.2, but when i go to the "about" button in flac fronted it say v1.7.1
microtech gefell sms 2000, MG 21 & 20 & 27 caps >
M148 (with new ext battery) > acm P2 (2 of them)
Nbob active cables / PFA, Nbox Platinum

Offline georgeh

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: flac fronted 24bit
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 06:44:17 PM »
i tested the 24 bit flacs in audiotester, so i am thinking it is the dvd a write software?

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my list
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 07:04:39 PM »
are you trying to burn directly from flac?  does dvd-audio file support that?  have you converted to wave and tried burning from wave?
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline georgeh

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 09:04:33 AM »
are you trying to burn directly from flac?  does dvd-audio file support that?  have you converted to wave and tried burning from wave?
it does support burning ISO file from 24 bit flacs, the only file format to burn (i believe), then i burn the dvd from the iso file. i've done this with one show from festival without a problem, now it doesn't seem to work, on two different shows

Offline georgeh

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 09:05:26 AM »
i'll search for some other dvd burning software (?)

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 09:37:39 AM »
I am assuming that you are using DVD-Audiofile to create the ISO image of the DVD-A disc.  While DVD-Audiofile does support FLAC files as the source for the ISO file, the older versions of DVD-Audiofile do not support 24 bit FLAC files encoded with FLAC v1.2.1 - You say that you are using Frontend v1.7.1, but that's just the GUI version.  check out the DOS window that pops up when it encodes to FLAC, and that will tell you which version of FLAC you actually have.

the easy fix is to just decode to WAV and then use the WAV files with DVD-Audiofile to create the ISO file.

Offline georgeh

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 10:20:16 AM »
I am assuming that you are using DVD-Audiofile to create the ISO image of the DVD-A disc.  While DVD-Audiofile does support FLAC files as the source for the ISO file, the older versions of DVD-Audiofile do not support 24 bit FLAC files encoded with FLAC v1.2.1 - You say that you are using Frontend v1.7.1, but that's just the GUI version.  check out the DOS window that pops up when it encodes to FLAC, and that will tell you which version of FLAC you actually have.

the easy fix is to just decode to WAV and then use the WAV files with DVD-Audiofile to create the ISO file.
thanks. i though ti "had " to use 24 flac with dvd-audio? you're saying use the 24 bit wav? as far as flac goes, when i hit the "about" button, it does say v1.7.1. and yes dad audio is wha ti am using.
I just tried again with a newer flaced show and didn't work, but when using an older flaced show it did?
I'll keep plugging away, thanks for the help

Offline JasonSobel

• My show list
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 10:35:29 AM »
thanks. i though ti "had " to use 24 flac with dvd-audio? you're saying use the 24 bit wav?

yes, you can use 24 bit WAV (or FLAC files)

as far as flac goes, when i hit the "about" button, it does say v1.7.1.

as I said in my first post, that is just the version of the Frontend (i.e. the windows GUI aka "Graphical User Interface", which is there so you don't have to use DOS commands).  But the version of the frontend is different from the version of the actual FLAC encoding.  The next time that you encode or decode FLAC files, pay attention to the DOS window that pops up, and that will tell you which version of FLAC you have installed.

I just tried again with a newer flaced show and didn't work, but when using an older flaced show it did?

this is most likely because the newer 24 bit FLAC'ed show was encoded with FLAC v1.2.1, which your version of DVD-Audiofile can't handle, while the older 24 bit FLAC show you have was encoded with a older version of FLAC, which DVD-Audiofile can handle.

Try decoding to WAV, and then creating the ISO.

Offline georgeh

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 11:39:14 AM »
no luck using 24 bit wave in dvd-audio. when i uninstalled flac fronted, it did appear i was using 1.2, it dl's as zip file, as it always does, but when i go to burn the wave to flac fronted file, it tells me it can't find the flac.exe??
i tried the extract to desk top?

Offline georgeh

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 01:25:51 PM »

"as I said in my first post, that is just the version of the Frontend (i.e. the windows GUI aka "Graphical User Interface", which is there so you don't have to use DOS commands).  But the version of the frontend is different from the version of the actual FLAC encoding.  The next time that you encode or decode FLAC files, pay attention to the DOS window that pops up, and that will tell you which version of FLAC you have installed."

I have searched the web every way I can think of, and flac frontend always comes up with v1.2.1 as the only "new" version to dl, although as I mentioned it does say v1.7.1 in the about box, but as you mentioned the dos prompt still says 1.2.1 ???? If there is in fact a v1.7.1 that you can dl by itself, plese point me to it, becasue as far as i can tell it doesn't exist by itself, without first having 1.2.1.

Offline georgeh

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 06:34:00 PM »
i ended up using Traders Little Helper, the flac in it, worked fine. no idea about the v1.7., as to why i could never find it, by itself, to dl? i am set though using TLH, so the search is off

Offline JasonSobel

• My show list
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 06:39:49 PM »
there is no flac version 1.7.1
That is the version of the frontend (graphical interface) only, and that version doesn't really matter.
the only thing that matters is the version of the FLAC code itself, the latest of which is v1.2.1
I'm not sure what issues you were having with FLAC frontend, but Trader's Little Helper is just another graphical interface, and uses the same underlying code for FLAC, currently v1.2.1

regardless, I'm glad that you're back in business now.

Offline rowjimmytour

• Trade Count: (3)
    • My LMA bookmarks
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 07:09:18 PM »
Latest DVD-Audio:
http://satellite.epix.net/~scb/dvd-audiofile/DVD-Audiofile%200.60.win.zip
In case you need to upgrade your java to run latest version:
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/?intcmp=1281

TLH solves all the problems w/ flac you might have including LMA  ;)
http://www.archive.org/bookmarNo
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.095 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com