Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Solved!: R-44 files have a bazillion cues in Audition  (Read 1729 times)

Offline sanaka

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Perpetual n00b
    • My first Dead show
Solved!: R-44 files have a bazillion cues in Audition
« on: July 02, 2009, 02:52:24 PM »
This Q could be asked in several different forums, I ask here in hopes I can set something on the R-44 itself to solve the problem.

As topic says, when I bring audio files into Audition from the R-44's SD card, the cue list has a jillion cues in it. At the moment I'm not armed with more specifics about these cues, but can become so if need be. There also doesn't seem to be any way to erase them in Audition except by clicking...on...every...one...too slow. I'd like to clear out the cue list so I can use my own cues.

Anyone else have this? Know what to do? Thanks!

Peace,
Sanaka

« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 10:25:55 PM by sanaka »

Offline rowjimmytour

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My LMA bookmarks
Re: R-44 files have a bazillion cues in Audition
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 03:44:03 PM »
When I upload to my pc the files from my R4 I get no cues until I start mastering w/ Vegas after each step I do: First open the files, and after I merge the files, etc. These cues are useful if you want to go back so when you reopen the files it only takes a second compared to the first time when you opened the files. Not sure if this is the same in Audition but you might be able to control this in preference if you check it out ;)
http://www.archive.org/bookmarNo
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 06:19:00 PM »
Make sure you have the latest firmware which affects the proper operation of the markers.  However, every R-44 file has 99 markers in it, with the unused ones 'parked' at the zero point.  Depending on the DAW software this might or might not be a problem.  In Audition's edit view it's not helpful, in multitrack view it won't matter.   You might find that deleting the first few milliseconds of the file will also dispose of the unwanted markers.

Offline RossW

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 08:11:40 PM »
What version of Audition?  With v3 at least, you can call up the marker list and select them all at one time by clicking on the first, then shift-click on the last, and hitting delete.  A small pain that Audition handles the cues this way, but quick and easy to delete them all at once.

Offline sanaka

• Taperssection Regular
  • Perpetual n00b
    • My first Dead show
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 10:25:00 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on the firmware, Ozpeter. Deleting the first little bit of the file didn't work for me, but RossW's method did! Thanks RossW! I'll just have to be careful not to delete the markers I use on purpose, which should all be after the 0 point.

Peace,
Sanaka

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.186 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com