Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cant transfer files from nj3  (Read 3108 times)

Offline hoobash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Cant transfer files from nj3
« on: July 28, 2009, 10:08:20 AM »
Tried in vista just forget it. I been trying in a winxp box keep getting that dumb not enough disc space error. I redid the machine becuase I kinda of remember that error was due to a part over 80 gig. Still got the error. Pluged it into my ubuntu machine got a usb error. I really hate my nomad shitbox right now. Any ideas??

Offline hoobash

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: Cant transfer files from nj3
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 10:11:29 AM »
Using nomad explorer dont want to pay for the red chair software

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 10:31:25 AM »
Have you tried Gnomad2 in ubuntu? You may have to go Applications > Add/Remove > Sound & Video > Gnomad2 if you haven't already installed it. Not sure if it'll remedy the usb error though.

My favorite windows software was Sveta from dbpoweramp but I didn't like some of the other things dbpoweramp did to my comp (made itself the default for every file type it handled and when removed didn't return file association to previous app forcing a reinstall of windows) but Sveta worked better with the jb3 than any other software.

Offline hoobash

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 06:44:04 PM »
Got this to work in ubuntu but it only transfers on the usb guess its better then nothing. It seems like some files transfer.

Roving Sign

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 11:22:27 AM »
Have you tried Gnomad2 in ubuntu? You may have to go Applications > Add/Remove > Sound & Video > Gnomad2 if you haven't already installed it. Not sure if it'll remedy the usb error though.

My favorite windows software was Sveta from dbpoweramp but I didn't like some of the other things dbpoweramp did to my comp (made itself the default for every file type it handled and when removed didn't return file association to previous app forcing a reinstall of windows) but Sveta worked better with the jb3 than any other software.

Agree about Sveta - really liked the explorer integration -

But - alas - I have divorced MSwindows for Linux Mint - and now use Gnomad2 as well...

Offline newscane

• Taperssection Member
    • somuchtosay.net
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 04:13:18 AM »
Had the same problem tonight (at least, I believe it's the same problem, based on that description of the error message).  Weird thing is, I did a transfer the other night with no problems whatsoever.  Doing this on my netbook that I got 2 months ago and just installed the JB3 software on (used it in the past w/ my desktop).  Thoughts?
Current rig: Avantone CK-1 > UA-5 > DR-100mk11
Retired: JB3

My (DMB) shows: http://www.dmbexchange.com/list.php?user=newscane
My website: http://www.somuchtosay.net

Offline drewloo

• Friend of Salsa
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • it's recreational
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 09:48:09 AM »
I have never been able to xfer a show from a jb3 > pc via usb without it erroring out every time, but it always worked fine via firewire.  Might want to try to transfer w/ a firewire cable.

Offline newscane

• Taperssection Member
    • somuchtosay.net
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 11:19:01 AM »
I have never been able to xfer a show from a jb3 > pc via usb without it erroring out every time, but it always worked fine via firewire.  Might want to try to transfer w/ a firewire cable.
My transfer the other day was via USB.  My netbook doesn't have firewire..
Current rig: Avantone CK-1 > UA-5 > DR-100mk11
Retired: JB3

My (DMB) shows: http://www.dmbexchange.com/list.php?user=newscane
My website: http://www.somuchtosay.net

Offline E@rl

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 04:34:15 PM »
I had a lot of problems transferring on my JB3 unless i was plugged directly into the computer.. I have a usb hub and it did not like transferring through it for some reason. Doesn't matter whether i use my MAC or my PC i get the same issue wont transfer unless the jb3 is directly connected to the computer.
Busman BSC1 K1 K2 K3 K4> BM2p+ mod UA-5> JB3 or MacBook

Offline hoobash

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 09:10:39 AM »
I use to be able to transfer files in winxp way back when but no matter what I do no go. I dont tape that much anymore and dont really want to kick down for something new but I feel like breaking this stupid thing. I can tranfer in linux but its usb and slow as shit. Then I have to transfer them over my network ubuntu and windows suck over a network.

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 12:39:54 PM »
When I used a JB3 (have three of them), one would transfer every time, one was finicky - may have to transfer 2 or 3 times to get the entire file off without it timing out, and the third was usually very troublesome. Sometimes it would be recognized and transfer with no problems, other times it would time out, and yet on other occassions I had to have it connected and powered on before booting the comp for it to be seen. All the above scenarios happened with both W98 and W2K boxes. Sveta was the best software and worked on both OSes, but with the caveat I mentioned above. Sveta used to be free. Have no idea of it's current situation since I moved away from MS operating systems* and retired the JB3s.

* I still use W2K on a new comp to do some advanced editing work cause I haven't found a Linux alternative that I like as well as Samplitude.

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 02:42:31 PM »
i was having problems until i installed the 2.01.00 driver.
"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

Offline hoobash

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 06:24:21 PM »
I went back and tried to download the files again with creative explorer and it worked!!! The only thing I can think of is I installed the trial verison of the notmad explorer. I have ubuntu its just so slow!!!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.118 seconds with 41 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com