Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CD Wave?  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Rleeee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Lets Dance, Sylvia, Dance!
CD Wave?
« on: January 17, 2010, 03:52:44 PM »
When I open a recording in CD Wave I get this message:

File header reports a size that is different than the system reports. Do you want adjust the size? (Yes to override, No to trust header, Cancel to abort)

Obviously I don't want to abort. My question is, Do I choose Yes or No? It will open in either one. It doesn't matter whether the recording is in 16 / 44.1 or 24 / 48, I still get this message.  Thank's
Open:  Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > Kind Kables Chameleon > Marantz PMD-661 (Oade Concert Mod)

No Stand:  AT831s > CA Bat 2B Battery Box > Tascam DR-07 

" Poor people need MUISC too! "

stevetoney

Re: CD Wave?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 11:06:46 PM »
I get this message all the time and regardless of whether I select yes or no, it never makes a difference. 

It usually happens when I make a cue sheet for my 16bit recordings and then I load the same cue sheet for placing track splits in the 24bit version of the same recording.  I just select 'no' and it's never an issue...cuts are placed in the proper place on the 24bit version and everything is fine.

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 12:02:16 AM »
It usually happens when I make a cue sheet for my 16bit recordings and then I load the same cue sheet for placing track splits in the 24bit version of the same recording.

that makes perfect sense and probly works the other way around.
"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

Offline Kush

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Catch you on the flip-side!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 01:15:58 AM »
I posted the same question quite a while ago when I first switched to recording in 24 bit 48 kHz with my HD-P2. I open the file with CD Wave to trim off the beginning and end of sets and get the same error message. Seems like it doesn't matter which option I choose as it will open the .wav file just fine so don't worry.
AKG SE300b (CK91/CK93) or SP-LSD2 > Busman Transparency mod Tascam HD-P2

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 06:49:44 AM »
Probably something similar to what was happening here:

From the (ahem!) JB3 FAQ:

[380] Opening JB3-recorded WAV:  "File header reports a size that is different than the system reports..."?!?

When opening JB3-recorded WAVs in CD-Wave, what's with the message:  "File header reports a size that is different than the system reports.  Do you want to adjust the size?  (Yes to override header, No to trust header, Cancel to abort)"

The JB3 appears to add 8 bytes of "junk" at the end of some WAV files recorded onto the JB3.  At any rate, if prompted with this message by CD-Wave, it doesn't matter whether you select Yes or No, CD-Wave strips the "junk" 8 bytes out of the file in either case.  All other commonly used taper programs - Cool Edit, Wavelab, Soundforge, etc. - seem to strip the junk bytes out but don't present a message to the user.  Bottom line:  don't sweat it!

To confirm, check the WAV header for any "junk" data.  This may help, too:  http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=34091.0
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 06:59:34 AM by Brian Skalinder »
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

Offline Rleeee

• Taperssection Regular
  • Lets Dance, Sylvia, Dance!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 02:51:51 PM »
Thank you guy's. 

Brian, I never had it happen with my JB3 or my iRiver. So I was just mildly concerned.
Open:  Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > Kind Kables Chameleon > Marantz PMD-661 (Oade Concert Mod)

No Stand:  AT831s > CA Bat 2B Battery Box > Tascam DR-07 

" Poor people need MUISC too! "

runonce

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 03:01:15 PM »
Thank you guy's. 

Brian, I never had it happen with my JB3 or my iRiver. So I was just mildly concerned.

For the JB3, its a firmware thing...I have one JB3 that gets that message from CDwave - the other...no message.

Offline firmdragon

• Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 05:04:44 PM »
speaking of cd wave... do they have a mac equivalent yet?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com