Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Bit Torrent Question  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Boedi-taper

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Support Your Local Senior Taper!!!!
Bit Torrent Question
« on: March 24, 2010, 02:18:55 AM »
Hi Everybody!
Does anyone know if there is a way of finding out before you download a show if the show that you want to download has NO SECTOR BOUNDARY ERRORS.I'm finding more and more people uploading shows that have these errors.I know its a minor annoyance in this day and age,but I feel that if the person uploading a show does so,they should have everything in compliance before they do upload.3 out of the last 5 shows I downloaded had these sector boundary errors.It makes the disc/source sound like it was taken from an MP3.Also,can bit torrent sites like etree and dimeadozen enforce that sector boundary errors are not a part of the upload? It would be nice.Thanks for your time!

runonce

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Bit Torrent Question
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 07:37:35 AM »
Hi Everybody!
3 out of the last 5 shows I downloaded had these sector boundary errors.It makes the disc/source sound like it was taken from an MP3.

I've never heard such a claim about SBEs...

Just fix them with Traders Little Helper...perhaps make a post on the torrent site noting it for others.

Offline Shadow_7

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 09:20:20 AM »
Seems pretty simple to just fix IMO.  If it matters that much to you, you'll find a way.  Or maybe they're doing it on purpose because they don't want it burned to optical media...   >:D

dorrcoq

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 03:37:24 PM »
Hell, there are guys who post shows to the LMA with SBE's, and when I have questioned them they say "I don't hear them, so what does it matter"?  Well, buddy it's the fucking ARCHIVE!  Do you want everyone from now to forever to think you're a moron?

Offline taperj

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 09:00:45 PM »
Most(if not all) torrent clients allow you to get granular and download only specific files within the torrent if you want to. So, you could just download the second song and once complete, check it with TLH for SBE's. If it passes, download the rest.

J
Rig: Neumann skm184 or Neumann skm140 > Sound Devices Mixpre > Olympus LS-10 or Korg MR-1

Just ask the axis, he knows everything.

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 01:19:24 AM »
It could very well be that the person who posted the files split them with software that does not cut files on boundaries.  That is the simplest explanation, and prorbably the right one.  Not everyone is hip to SBE's.    8)
Nov schmoz kapop.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com