Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony PCM-M10 and 2 boundary mics choices  (Read 2123 times)

Offline Cavemandude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Sony PCM-M10 and 2 boundary mics choices
« on: July 07, 2010, 06:50:47 PM »
I have a Sony PCM-M10 recorder and was needing to connect 2 boundary mics to the external mic input (which is stereo, correct?) and place on a long conference table to record a meeting. What are my choices out there that don't require any additional adapters or power supplies, if possible?

This is what I have found so far:

SP-BMC-13 - Sound Professionals - Two Channel Boundary Style Microphone

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-BMC-13

Lots of options on that page to choose but the main ones I'm needing advice on to best work with the Sony M10 are:

1. Sensitivity Option - Standard, High, Ultra High
2. Power Options - No Power (will run on plug-in power) or Battery Power Module (SP-SPSB-8) and here's the link for that:

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-SPSB-8

Thanks,

Randy

Offline Elvis Hitler

• Taperssection Member
    • Video & Audio List
Re: Sony PCM-M10 and 2 boundary mics choices
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 11:45:09 AM »
I'm in the same boat -- Sony M10 is due to be delivered on Monday and I'm trying to figure out which mics & battery box to buy.   The reviews of the Sound Professionals line are stellar, but I'm guessing they wouldn't print any reviews on their own website that were really negative... the general consensus on TS.com seems to be that the Church Audio mics are a better choice, but I'm on a pretty tight budget and would like to stay under the $150 mark if possible.   Thinking about the SP Cardioids and the mini battery box combo.   Does anyone know if their small battery box gives the same results as the larger model?

adrianf74

Re: Sony PCM-M10 and 2 boundary mics choices
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 12:31:47 PM »
I'm in the same boat -- Sony M10 is due to be delivered on Monday and I'm trying to figure out which mics & battery box to buy.   The reviews of the Sound Professionals line are stellar, but I'm guessing they wouldn't print any reviews on their own website that were really negative... the general consensus on TS.com seems to be that the Church Audio mics are a better choice, but I'm on a pretty tight budget and would like to stay under the $150 mark if possible.   Thinking about the SP Cardioids and the mini battery box combo.   Does anyone know if their small battery box gives the same results as the larger model?

I had an older Sound Pros CMC-8 (AT933) which is preferred over the newer AT943 variety.  Sold it a month or so ago and bought the CA-14/o+c with a 9100 pre plus dead rats for the CA14's, a cable, and an ugly battery box.  That's my personal choice and I'm glad I did.

Since you want to "stay around" $150, check the July Sales threaFor $159 + shipping (shipping is free for orders over $200), you can nab a pair of CA-14's and an ugly battery box if you're inclined.    I love the sound of the CA-15 cards and the battery "box" is a misnomer.  It's actually just a flexible cable with some epoxied components with a 1/8" input and 9V battery clip.  It's super tiny if you're looking for "portability."   

Hope I've helped.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.032 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com