Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Lute live recording  (Read 1583 times)

Offline lucachia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Lute live recording
« on: November 22, 2010, 10:02:14 AM »
Hallo, my name is Luca Chiavinato and I'm an Italian professional Lute Player...

Excuseme for my terrible english  :-[

I would like to buy a new portable stereo recorder for lute solo and duo (lute & violin) concerts live professional recording and good home studio recording.

Now I have a Zoom H4n, two Neumann Km184 and Cables Reference studio, but the Zoom's Pre-microphone and a/d converter are not really professional and I would like to find something more.

I'm looking this 3 models:

Tascam Hd-p2
Fostex Fr2-LE
Korg r1000 (but I'm not sure about this because I don't know nothing about the dsd system)

I would like to find good a/d converter and pre-microphone... what do you think about them? Are good for classical music live recording?

Thank you very much

Luca Chiavinato
www.chiavinato.it

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Lute live recording
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 12:12:05 PM »
The simplest would be the FR-2LE.  That has a decent, low-noise preamp.  It is also very simple to run of both batteries and AC power.

You could do (a bit) better by getting a better preamp, but this would be a great starting point.

Welcome to recording.  You will be very happy to have copies of your jams/works-in-progress, both for your own reference, and to give to friends and fans.

Richard

Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.249 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com