Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: schoeps capsule grey vs. nickel?  (Read 6558 times)

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
Re: schoeps capsule grey vs. nickel?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 05:45:06 PM »
Those are the ONLY MICS I'd give up my Ho's for too 8)

They are quite simply, the best mics IMO.  Of course, I've only tried a handful of mics previously (AT853, CA-11, KM184, MK4/CMC6, and CCM4).  :P

Agreed, just WAY out of my price range, plus IMO I havent made one BAD recording w/ my MBHO>722 setup :P
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline StuStu

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 10:13:47 PM »
I cant count how many times I see schoeps posted with something about the finished being flaked off somewhere.  I guess I see it with a lot of mics...true but the grey finish just seems so delicate...

This only happens with people who are careless with their gear, which is surprisingly a considerable number of tapers.  If you take reasonable care of them, they will stay nice even in Nextel gray finish.

I agree and don't understand how someone would allow their very expensive mics to get scuffed up so badly. I suppose it might be different for those using them in other fields such as film, etc. I'm guessing other applications might expose them more than just sitting in a gear bag. And in all fairness, a lot of tapers buy used gear and can't control what happened in the past.   
MK5, MK8, MK41, KM184D, CK77, B3 ---CMD 2U XT, KC5, KCY, AKI---KCY Tinybox, Ugly BB---AETA 4MinX, PMD661 MKII, R-26, M-10, MR-1

Offline ero3030

• Trade Count: (59)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 09:13:02 AM »
11 years with nextel gray and not a nic or scuff.  plus the shit is sexy as hell!!  it is a new option for the MBHO's it think, i know i seen some of there stuff with it, and sennheiser has nextel also.   its a non reflective finish for the film and TV industry.  u'all see them on tv all the time, dont tell me u guys dont watch for that shit.  i see it all the time, mics, recorders, and point them out to my old lady and she just rolls her eyes at me ::) ::)lol    ed
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 07:16:34 AM by ero3030 »
needin some fishhead music!

" known for f**king up a good weekend on a Thursday nite "

Offline Napo

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 03:27:03 AM »
I love my CCM41s -- probably the only time I'll get rid of them is if I retire from taping.  Although I've been thinking about hanging it up lately so stay tuned...  8)

I love my MK21>CMR combo. MK21 caps are the best for taping jazz in controlled environments like small auditorium!
CA-11's>CA-9200>M10

Offline tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2011, 10:53:06 AM »
no. think about it. is a red lamborghini faster than a black one?

Actually, in drag racing in any case, it is a known fact that a white car will outperform a black car in hot climates due to the fact that it keeps the car a few degrees cooler than a black one.

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 04:16:25 PM »
no. think about it. is a red lamborghini faster than a black one?

Actually, in drag racing in any case, it is a known fact that a white car will outperform a black car in hot climates due to the fact that it keeps the car a few degrees cooler than a black one.

that is why I said red and black. everyone knows about the white car out performing in hot weather  :P :P :P :P

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com