Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Increase bass in CEP2.  (Read 3128 times)

Offline tonebloke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • What!!!!!!!!!
Increase bass in CEP2.
« on: July 14, 2011, 07:25:42 AM »
Hi there. I recorded a show the other weekend and have ended up with two problems (one that I have managed to fix).

Firstly; the volume didn't come out to loud so I've managed to increase it, in CEP2, by 20db but even with this there is barely any bass through it. How do I go about increasing the bass.

Any help, or links to a guide, appreciated.
Church Audio CA-11
Church Audio CAFS
Church Audio Bat2Box (X2)
Edirol R09-HR
Tascam DR2d

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
Re: Increase bass in CEP2.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 10:20:12 AM »
Hi there. I recorded a show the other weekend and have ended up with two problems (one that I have managed to fix).

Firstly; the volume didn't come out to loud so I've managed to increase it, in CEP2, by 20db but even with this there is barely any bass through it. How do I go about increasing the bass.

Any help, or links to a guide, appreciated.

It's been years since I used CEP2, so you'll have to look up a guide to EQ for it, but look at boosting the frequencies between about 80hz -> 250hz by a couple of db and see how it sounds. Remember; it's better to under do then over do. Best of luck.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline mattmiller

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 10:23:10 AM »
Effects > Filters > Graphic Equalizer.

Several of the presets boost the bass/lows various amounts.  Pick one and click "Preview" to see how it sounds.  You can also make adjustments yourself to any of the bands using the sliders.
Mics: Neumann KM100 (x4), AK40 (x2), AK50 (x2)
Pre: Lunatec V3
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Tascam HD-P2 (x2), Sony PCM-M10

Offline tonebloke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • What!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 03:56:37 AM »
Thanks page and mattmiller. I'll try those two and see what happens.

BTW - a bit more info: This show was recorded on the first tier. Going off how they had the speaker stacks set up, the floor section got alot of bass and where I was, got alot of the highs. The recording is very clear, but as I said, the volume needed boosting because  I had it set too low on my HR. Boosting it makes it sound good but there is barely any bass.

Cheers.
Church Audio CA-11
Church Audio CAFS
Church Audio Bat2Box (X2)
Edirol R09-HR
Tascam DR2d

Offline swordfish

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 04:48:52 AM »
I use cool edit as well...I would use the master and add the bass and after that I would normalize the recording to 98%(boost it up).

Just my 2 cents....maybe somebody has an better advise.

SF

Offline page

• #TeamRetired
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 09:51:48 AM »
I use cool edit as well...I would use the master and add the bass and after that I would normalize the recording to 98%(boost it up).

SF

that's sound advice (no pun intended). The reasoning is that your boosting frequencies that will alter the wave form more then other frequencies so more digital headroom is necessary.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

Offline swordfish

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 02:35:03 PM »

SF

that's sound advice (no pun intended). The reasoning is that your boosting frequencies that will alter the wave form more then other frequencies so more digital headroom is necessary.

I am not sure if I understand your answer....was my advise good or bad...no offense taken ...since English is not my native tongue..

Offline page

• #TeamRetired
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 05:36:30 PM »

SF

I am not sure if I understand your answer....was my advise good or bad...no offense taken ...since English is not my native tongue..

it was good advice, sorry for the ambiguity.

Offline swordfish

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 11:28:21 AM »

SF

it was good advice, sorry for the ambiguity.

Thanks Page,

I  learned two new words,  ambiguity - Mehrdeutigkeit   ; to pun --- kalauern [wortspielerisch]

SF

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.077 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com