Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Wavelab 5/6 problems - compression  (Read 1640 times)

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
Wavelab 5/6 problems - compression
« on: December 05, 2011, 09:39:24 AM »
I have used the Dynamics section of Wavelab 5.01 to compress applause quite often.  I have a set of compression maps that work for a variety of situations.  Some of them only adjust the highs, some bring everything down.  The most difficult challenge is loud applause during music in tape from seat situations.

After upgading to wavelab 5.01b, I found myself unable to use the product in the same way - either with my old maps or new maps.  Even starting with a flat map did not work well.  If I put one point on it, I found it still impacted low level sound.  I just don't see how it should work that way.  It seems broken.

I tried wavelab 6 last night and observed the same behavior.  I spent quite a bit of time on a show last night fixing applause and the results were mediocre.

Anyone else observed this or even use the dynamic compression feature in wavelab?  I have observed it on two different machines.

I like this aspect of WL's workflow.. It isn't great but it allows me to move fairly efficiently between problem areas.  I find key aspects of audacity don't work nearly as well.  I may need to change tools if I can't solve it.

Thanks!

Edit:  Found an old version. It works fine.  Stupid broken new code :P

« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 08:45:44 PM by it-goes-to-eleven »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.202 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com