Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Most Flexible Recorder  (Read 5395 times)

Offline Rodhiripod

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • THE SOUND IS THE IMAGE OF THE IMAGINATION
    • SOUNDCLOUD
Re: Most Flexible Recorder
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 05:21:34 PM »
Well, try to understand my explanation.
When it was my Azden mixer fmx32 knew I had my hands on a sound budget and with little presence in the market, no evidence of sound available and some opinions describing him as poor sound and obviously not at the level of shure, sound device, Wendt, PSC, Fostex, etc ....
However, the first impression is that you know how to configure the connections and know its usefulness and limitations. For example, this mixer does not raise much Azden microphone gain, but the price is a decent fighter. When you have a Sony PCM M10 and want to use microphones that require phantom power, it is recommended that sensitive microphones and excite with not much power, hence the mixer does a good job and noise levels are acceptable and easy to cancel or decrease in post-production. Is a versatile and economic alternative considering the battery life, since the Azden FMX32 can work well with  6 cells (six battery), more or less from 9 to 12 hours, depending on conditions of use. Each channel (3) has its own phantom switch. The LED meter is something discrete levels, but practicing is called the way they operate. Another important thing is to set the input levels on the recorder to use the mixer with ease, ie ensure the maximum level of entry into the recorder with the maximum output of the mixer, monitored from the recorder and from the mixer and will have an acceptable level to equalize and standardize post-production.
With respect to use with the Marantz PMD 661, say that you have to play with the configuration of PMD to find the point of balance. Remember to connect the PMD must be with the switch to "LINE" otherwise find extreme saturation, distortion rare, or loud and annoying levels. As with any writer, the Azden given a moderate and dry signal. The advantage is that the PMD save battery by not having to use the phantom power source and you can play with an extra inning.

Regarding the question to record music or bands with the Azden, I would say it depends on the microphones are used, plus the delivery FMX32 a signal, I would describe as a dry, flat and without much "flavor", but this also depends on microphones and further work in treatment track. In short, a good field mixer, low price, limited the power of the profits to the microphones, but versatile, robust, performs with pride in the rate of battery consumption, and is a good team to enter the world of the mixture of field sources ...

I hope you understand my English robot to Tarzan

A hug from Chile
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 09:14:46 AM by Rodhiripod »
FIELD RECORDING, SOUND ART, POST.

Offline Rodhiripod

• Taperssection Newbie
    • SOUNDCLOUD
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 05:59:45 PM »
I was in the pipeline ...

Regarding the performance of the Sony PCM M10 batteries are the winner, my extreme tests of continuous use, checking and recording in the field with Duracell and Energizer E91 Alkaline LR6 normal (non-rechargeable) have given me the time of recording up to 20 hours. The truth is that the test wingfieldaudio throws them over 40 hours, but the truth is that I have not checked that. It is also important to set the menu display light to save energy. I have not done tests with the Roland R26, but is a good alternative if you want to play with the variations in tone color and fonts to capture, its price is higher, but it is a decent recorder.

In order to simplify the recording kit, for example, not to attract attention and be discreet in areas or places where it is best not to be the center of attraction to get backpacks, engravers, shotguns, etc ... I went out into the field with the PCM M10 and 2 microphones: Audio-Technica AT the 2022 XY Stereo Mic and Rode. without mixer, and is a good kit, simple, but limited, as the Audio-Technica 2022 is bright and very sensitive to sound wind and low frequencies, the AT2022 windscreen is supplied with the hair very short and narrow, I recommend some long hair and bigger to fit well with the head extended. The Rode is robust and less bright, it gives a nearby stereo and flat response and less sensitive to low frequencies. However, both microphones will not power or the balance for large areas or environments where the source is far away and when you're in the midst of a bustle, seek help at home. In post-production I've noticed that increasing the gains to end the AT2022, the noise floor is usually higher than the wheel, but more detailed high frequencies.

The difference between the two microphones is not much, with the Audio-Technica, more sensitive to handling noise and too bright for my taste, with rich sounds at high frequencies.

I hope you understand my English
A hug from Coquimbo - Chile
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 09:23:39 AM by Rodhiripod »

Offline Rodhiripod

• Taperssection Newbie
    • SOUNDCLOUD
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 10:34:51 PM »
however, in the issue of recording bars, concerts, and the street, it is important to consider factors of resonance frequencies as amplification, distance of each musician and his partner, instruments used, type and characteristics of the material which is constructed in place, as well as distances to the walls and the shape thereof. This and other things give an idea of ​​how they will behave the echoes and reverberation of the place. This results in the acoustic qualities of the place and it is necessary to consider when choosing the microphones, and the way it will register. naturally one can monitor how overlapping echoes and noises at certain distances from the source. Therefore, on occasion a small recorder with built-in microphones and a good sound good, walking distance to the source and a band more or less level on their instruments, you can afford something nice record, but if you can be close to the source , or is there a tool that eats the other, or the acoustics are horrible, then that is recommended to use different microphones and more than 2, a small mixer and monitor field sonde place to learn and at what distance from the source.
not know if I understand, but my idea is not only a thing of the recorder, but the microphones and the experience to know or understand the acoustic environment in which engrave.

regarding the use and method, I recorded such natural environments and urban, rural and sometimes dancing and singing in the Andes, on the coast, etc.. on occasions it is necessary to have a small bag with the recorder that has good performance of batteries and a decent mixer, all small and not very flashy. then a couple of microphones in a stereo would think in those environments for sensitive remote and inspiring, a medium with windbreaks shotgun, and a look that is versatile voice, to take a lot of noise or power, like a kick or group near you exceed the capacity of more sensitive microphones, this microphone can be complemented with other environmental decision-rounded sound and have a more full. this as basic.
provides a quick charger for rechargeable batteries and a good set of batteries perform well in mAmp

greetings from Chile

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com