Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: The GRID-IT!™  (Read 2135 times)

Offline kylieshotpants

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
The GRID-IT!™
« on: May 12, 2012, 09:23:53 AM »
Hi

Has anyone used these products as part of there set up at all- are they any good?

http://www.cocooninnovations.com/grid.php

I'm thinking of using a small one to keep everything together

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
Re: The GRID-IT!™
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 12:31:08 PM »
I can't figure out how you can rearrange the elastics. I could think of a bunch of uses for it (such as a replacement for "stilts" or a mic holder in my bag), but I keep wanted to re-arrange how the bands pop out.

It is nice that they have various sizes though.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

stevetoney

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 08:34:21 PM »
I can't figure out how you can rearrange the elastics. I could think of a bunch of uses for it (such as a replacement for "stilts" or a mic holder in my bag), but I keep wanted to re-arrange how the bands pop out.

It is nice that they have various sizes though.

I'm not sure, but it looks to me like the concept is that the elastics form a generic horizontal and vertical grid and these can't be rearranged.  Then you insert some sort of clip at strategic locations to sorta cinch the elastics down.  This is an interesting concept, but I'm thinking I'd need multiple grid layers (analogous to different pockets in a Sonic Case) in order to make use of this concept for my gear bag.

I could see this as something I'd use for one or two shows to keep everything neat and tidy and it would be cool for awhile, but then the new-ness would wear off by the 3rd or 4th show I'd be back to using my Lowepro AW bag and relying on many pockets to keep my stuff organized and protected.  In the end, I'm just a mega-pocket guy so that at the end of the show, I can just throw stuff in various pockets and know that it's gonna be OK until the next show if I forget to take it out and make my bag nice and neat again before heading out to do it all over again.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 08:36:57 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 09:28:44 PM »
I could see this as something I'd use for one or two shows to keep everything neat and tidy and it would be cool for awhile, but then the new-ness would wear off by the 3rd or 4th show I'd be back to using my Lowepro AW bag and relying on many pockets to keep my stuff organized and protected.  In the end, I'm just a mega-pocket guy so that at the end of the show, I can just throw stuff in various pockets and know that it's gonna be OK until the next show if I forget to take it out and make my bag nice and neat again before heading out to do it all over again.

I've got 2 pockets and 3 things (cables, mics/bar, clamp). I might keep all that together, but its a valid point that when we leave, it's a race.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

stevetoney

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 10:16:06 PM »
There's a new venue here in Pittsburgh that, when the show ends, tries to get you out as fast as possible.  With my tube setup, it's not the fastest for setup and teardown and it can get a little annoying tearing down and the people from the venue more or less tapping their feet while you're still not finished.  I definitely use most of my pockets; clamps, cables, flashlights, batteries, mounts, screens, etc.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com