Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Taping Sipe/Stubbelfield in Brevard NC....attenuator? Padding?  (Read 1425 times)

Offline thruhike828

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
So Jeff Sipe's band w/ guest Ike Stubbelfield are doing a gig for/at the White Squirrell Fetsival here in Brevard NC. The show will be out on the streets (so to speak) w/ a makeshift stage and a pretty loud crowd overall. But let's say I can get a patch from the board mono RCA. Catch is there is no gain/vol. control coming out of the board. That being the case I am usually gonna get blasted out and clipping will be a big problem. Something I realized at Marco Benevento Trio/ Toubob (sp?) Krewe in Nashville a few weeks back.

The answer seems to be inline attenuator. Sescam has one for the Zoom H1 that seemingly would work great giving at least 25db padding. It's just exspensive to me and think thereb nust surely be   will be using to get theb pull

Offline achalsey

• Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Taping Sipe/Stubbelfield in Brevard NC....attenuator? Padding?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 12:30:26 PM »
If you ask Jeff Sipe directly I'm pretty sure he won't allow it.  I've been told no on board patches by him a few times.  If you don't ask him and the sound guy gives you one then thats a different story, and probably the way I'd go.

I'm don't know anything about the H1 but an attenuator for SBDs is probably a good thing to have.

Okay, just realized this is today and you're probably already there.  I would say just go to a music store, radio shack or guitar center or something and get an attenuator.

Looks like a pretty nice line up though.  Just saw Fifth house yesterday.  CCL then Jeff Sipe, not too bad.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com