Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: free advice for newbie tapers  (Read 5450 times)

Offline musicfan68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: free advice for newbie tapers
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 02:49:20 PM »
WoW!  :o I wasn't expecting such a diverse set of replies but I thank you all- I didn't want to start a war of words.

First of all I have broad shoulders & I understand what is written may not necessarily come across in the tone intended although the 'My only advice would be to actually put some effort into getting it right next time.' comment was a bit poor  ::)

No! I suppose I'm NOT a taper- there was absolutely no tape involved in my recording  ;D it was purely digital

My little bit of advice was genuinely to help other newbies, just a starting point for them -
the more I record will decide how serious I get about this 'hobby' - I'll spend more money once I decide it's something I want to get better involved in and the more I do the more I will learn

as for sharing the recordings- I have collected live audience/soundboard recordings since the 70's & my attitude is I am always happy to have something in my collection whatever the quality, until something better comes along so I will share mine eventually - although it was never my intention to make them out to be anything other than what they are

lastly, genuinely, I DO thank those of you who gave me genuine pointers about how to do things better next time - this sort of information is so important, helpful & appreciated

Not all of you came across as 'grumpy'- your points are valid & taken on board

I know what I did wrong- I know how to get better - can you say the same !
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 02:51:54 PM by musicfan68 »

Offline stepeanut

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 02:53:32 PM »
So, do I get that beer or not?  ???
Stepeanut: "Unless something else turns up, I'd say you've made the pull of the tour."

Yousef: "That's kind of you to say, but it does feel like winning first prize in a turd-photographing contest."

Offline musicfan68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 02:59:25 PM »
So, do I get that beer or not?  ???

large, cold beer- as long as no one's recording it  ;D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com