Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Rent me your tinybox please  (Read 3865 times)

Offline taperdave

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • my ring of brass lies rusting on the ground
Rent me your tinybox please
« on: February 11, 2013, 07:39:45 PM »
OK, so I have my caps and Nick said my KCY cable will ship to me this week, but I goofed around and didn't get my order in to Jon for my Tinybox in time for it to be delivered to me by my first of three shows for the year.
Going with my wife to Bon Jovi in Pittsburgh on the 21st of February and I need a pre-amp (prefereably a kcy tinybox).
Absolutely not Jons fault, I just plain procrastinated, cause I get a case of the stupid sometimes.
If you can help a brother out, I'll certainly paypal you the cost of a unit or whatever you want within reason and I'll overnight that badboy back to you the day after the show and you can just refund however much suits you to cover the rental.
I'm not a mooch, thief, dickbag or creep, just forgetful and looking for little help.
all responses appreciated
Oh yeah I have an asbestos suit so all Bon Jovi fanboy hacks tolerated with a smile.
Dave

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
Re: Rent me your tinybox please
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 07:45:38 PM »
Yeah, the Bon Jovi reference may not have been a good idea. lol  :facepalm:

Good luck on your search. The tinybox is very popular around here.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline taperdave

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 10:15:33 PM »
You weren't procrastinating, you were just . . . Livin' on a Prayer  ;D  :P

Now you want a tinybox . . . Dead or Alive  >:D  In fact I'd say that You Would Die For a tinybox  ^-^

Wow, Wow and Wow!!

in other news...
recently found a cassette of our band at 86 high school talent show, sadly unplayable mostly, we did the van halen diver down version of happy trails ( I sang Dave's part) and then Prince's anotherloverholeinyourhead into pop life then into Maiden's Run to the Hills - these days trying most of that makes me hang my head in shame and give thanks nobody but me and the iPod are in the truck :'(
Dave
have a few offers on TB's but need to figure some adapter action, too tired to think more now, thoughts in morning
P.S. seen Jovis more than 70 times since '86 with my wife (taped most since 97, maybe 55 shows, most recently multicam HD with 5.1 matrix) so any secret fans let me know, I gots da hook up

Offline taperdave

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 10:24:01 PM »
Sure that's what you say so your friends think you're cool  :D

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Feel brand new about it
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 10:26:19 PM »
The very first cassette I ever owned in my life, purchased at 6-7 years old with my $5 allowance, was Slippery When Wet at the flea market. My 2nd was Halen's 5150.

...both were bootleg editions. *gasp*

"Cooks Plaza Flea Market...Get the right stuff." Any Team NC'ers remember that commercial?
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant
aercomp2 ■ v2∞3 ■ sx-m2d2
d100 ■ pmd661 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 11:23:02 PM »
Unfortunately I was recognized and my cover was blown.  I mean how many people really look at my picture on the site?  And it was dark, too!  >:(

1500% more today than yesterday now that you've said that.

(count me guilty...)
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 09:17:35 AM »
Shot through the crotch, and your to blame.  You give procrastinating a bad name.

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 11:45:45 AM »
..Now I mostly listen to a combo of JS Bach pipe organ tunes, Ventures, Sun Ra, James Cleveland, and the Maytals.  Clearly I have never been cool  :(

Totally cool as measured by my personal ecclectic metric, which seems to have more or less inverse correlation to popular coolness in the real world.

Not going to the Niant site to find the photo- my mental picture of Jon is as a rum swilling pirate standing in the kitchen.  The part of the dream I dig most is the family waiting patiently in the marble lobby.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline gormenghast

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 11:53:35 AM »
You can borrow mine.  Sent you a PM.
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline Thierry

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 02:29:58 PM »
So it turns out that my oldest daughter (age 15) has a Bon Jovi album on her iPod.  I guess she thought the family Wanted: Dead or Alive singalongs were somber occasions  ???

Stop bashing Bon Jovi, they are my favourite band too.

Offline taperdave

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 08:31:49 PM »
Actually he is wealthy enough that his staff regularly washes his new money with fabric softner for him so it doesn't rough up his silky smooth skin :)

I've had a few offers of Tiny loans and am checking with folks to see if anyone has a kcy binder style.
If not I'll need to get a TS cabler to make me some kind of adapter.
So thanks to the kind folks who have offered thier equipment, you all rock.

Dave

P.S. first album I badgered my newly divorced father into buying me was Journey's Escape (awesome album cover), then Foreigner 4, before that I was seduced by his beatles, doors and simon and garfunkle 8 tracks, and not so much by the nancy sinatra vinyl.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com